a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, April 16, 2011

forgetting

Sitting here with my laptop and thinking " there is something I should be doing " LOL. Yes I should be writing my blog. What is up with that? Is my memory fading or failing? Not completely as I finally got it :))
Jim just called to say he would be in next week for overnight . He and Larry are on their way to Hawaii. They are flying there and cruising back. How nice!!!
Then Adam called yesterday and said he and Lisa would be up from Louisiana early in May.
It is going to be lovely to see them .
We waited this morning for the nurse to come. She was late as she had a hard time getting through Main Street . There was a Sikh festival happening and the streets were blocked. She said the people on the street would not move over to allow traffic to get through.
Margaret said her vet had the same problem. She had to take her cat to the vet for a bladder infection. Boy could I relate to that poor kitty LOL.
It was too late to go grocery shopping according to Ray so we trooped down to the mall and had a bite of late lunch at Manchu Wok. Then we went to Sears as Ray wanted to look at a jig saw. They had a big sale today and I bought 2 new tops.

This one has pretty ruffles all over it, not that you can see them in this photo.

And this one has silvery dots on it. Very pretty.

Ray found a black shirt with short sleeves that he had been looking for for a long time. He was really happy to find one.
It was a good walk for me, not much for anybody else but I am still getting my legs back so I was pleased with my effort. It is an indication that I am on the way back to good health and to my activities.   And I am not using the walker, I did not like it so I am happy about that.
I am reading a good book, just started it. It is by Audrey Howard and is about life at the end of the 1800. Interesting to see the way of life then as my dad was born today in 1891. Happy 110th birthday dad  :))
I enjoy reading these period novels as differentiated from historical novels which I also enjoy. This seems like a nice gentle read exploring the idiosyncracies of the age and the manners of the day.
Margaret came over for a short visit to pick up a library book she had given me to read. It's nice that we like the same books because I have not been able to get to the library recently. It seems to me that my time is fully taken care of.
Tonight we are watching Seven, a movie with Brad Pitt and Morgan Freeman. I am not really a fan of Brad Pitt but do like Morgan Freeman.
That's my tale for tonight folks.
Have a lovely evening!
Guten Abend.

No comments: