a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

great stuff

Wow there are so many sewing ideas here. Takes a while to go through them. Handy for Christmas projects.
http://yarn-or-fabric.weebly.com/craft-room-sewing-links.html

When I first began quilting and internetting a long time ago, I was on a list that had an Australian quilter who was very knowledgeable and who worked with a group of quilters out of what she called the shack
, the shack had wandering chooks in and out of the shed. Her first name was Pam and in the back of my mind I think her last name was Holland. She became quite prominent in the quilting world ,coming to the USA to give workshops. I have lost track of her and often wonder what she is doing now. Remember I am not sure of her last name so don't go by what I said. So when I saw this site (below) I thought of Pam but although it is interesting there was no Pam.
http://www.collectionsaustralia.net/nqr/about.php

Another puzzle, hope it works!! Good luck, good fun:))
http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/2011-04-11-94303519F

Juliet visited today and brought  loaf of banana bread. We had a nice visit , talked about the state of our guild, no solutions of course. Do we ever have solutions ? Juliet belongs to another guild too, out in the valley. She really enjoys this guild. I am almost convinced to join with her. She picked up my guild library books which have been due since January. Of course I have been in the hospital so much I did not get them back. I will have a big bill in fines when I get back.  Tomorrow is guild night but I won't be attending this month.
Sam and Scott came over this morning and out up a railing along the wall to the bathroom. Ray wanted that rail because he was tired of watching me stagger down that hall bouncing from side to side. As you can see my balance is not too good. So now I have a railing thanks to Sam and Scott.
Scott setting up the railing, Ray watching Scott work and below Sam resting after supervising from the chair.

My new railing.
Margaret just called amd she is coming over with a book for me to read.
So on that note I'll close off this blog.
Bon Soir.

No comments: