a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, April 18, 2011

a tip

There was a neat tip on one of my quilting lists today. Wind eight bobbins and when they are all used up it is time to oil your machine and change your needle.  What a practical  way to remember to do those jobs.
My son Peter is finally back in the country for 2 weeks and is coming for a visit on Wednesday. that will be very nice.
Ricky , my grandson called today and is hoping his dad will drive him here to watch the hockey Tuesday night.  I too hope Rick will agree to the visit. Ricky likes to watch the game with Grandpa Ray. We like it too. Since Ricky totalled his car he needs to depend on someone else to get him places.
We had to go back to the Medical Supply store today to return  a few things for an exchange. Every time I go there it costs me :))
Then we went back to the Crossings  as yesterday I had bought a paperback and a magazine on my grocery bill. When we got home neither were in the bags or the car. So I went to the store to see if they had the books there. I thought they may have been turned into the return counter. They weren't there but the lady in charge replaced them anyway. That was very good of her. She said I have decided tot take your word for it. That kind of shocked me as I am not in the habit of telling lies to get something. But then how would she know, just because you are a senior does not necessarily make you honest.

I saw some good dogs today. Good dogs do not bark and charge. LOL.
Here are two real cuties out for a walk.



This  man was walking these two little guys  for his neighbour. He kindly allowed us to take a photo of them. They are so adorable, I'd love to have one of these small dogs.

Outside the grocery store patiently waiting for his owner.  What a gorgoeus golden retriever. Our son in Quebec had two of these lovely dogs but Daisy passed away. Charlie is still with them.
I have wanted to find pictures of daffodils . They are so fabulous!
To quote Wordsworth's sonnet,
 " I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils."
And here they are a host of daffodils.
Glorious!!
The dogs and the daffodils were the highlight of my day. Well after a phone call from my grandson Ricky my son Peter and my son Matthew.
Ricky wants his dad Richard to come for the hockey game on Tuesday. I hope he can convince him but it is a long drive in awful traffic.
Still it would be nice. I must call and ask Rick if he is okay with that because if he isn't then I hope to go to an embroidery class at Tom's tomorrow night .
So that is my day and a good one it was.
Have a great evening folks.
Bien sur.

No comments: