a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, November 28, 2011

making the grade

Walking the halls, good exercise for the legs. I did walk the full length of the hallway using the walker of course,there and back. It is quite a long hallway so it is a challenge. And of course when I got to my final destination, the washroom, LOL, my legs gave out. But I was glad to have done that walk, a challenge for sure but worth it.
We went up to Metrotown, wheelchair this time, and had some Chinese food. We used to go to Manchu Wok, but it has been quite a long time. Today was a treat!
Then we went groceery shopping. Ray couldn't push a cart and my wheelchair so he put a basket on my lap and he had grocery bags  on the handles of the chair. The shopping was small, not many extras but we got what we needed, so it was a good day.
I was pretty tired when we got home so had a long nap.
I saw some dogs today but can't seem to get my camera organized quickly enough to take their photo. I need to get Ray to slow down a bit. Swoosh! here one minute, gone the next. It has to get better LOL.
Ray is going to put up my embroidery machine soon and I can get back at those little ballerinas. They are so cute and I am anxious to do more.
Isn't she adorable , she is number 5. I have numbers 1,2,and 9 already done.
What did you think of the on stage battle between the two 73 year old football players Angelo Mosca and Joe Kapp. Old hatreds never die, they just wait for an opportunity. Amazing!!
But that was the worst of the football riots. LOL. After the Lions won the Grey Cup and the championship , fans left quietly and there was no upheaval. A much different crowd from that rioting hockey crowd last June.
I read an article in the paper this morning that said eating soup is a great way to lose weight. I am watching my weight since I did lose 23 pounds while in hospital and don't want to gain it back. Wishful thinking , you say. Well I am having soup every day, good thing I love it, all kinds of soup. So far so good.
I'll keep you posted every once in a while. Even so it is good.
Got to go folks.
Have a lovely evening.
Buenos noches.



1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

I'm trying to lose weight too. Guess I should try the soup!