a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Here I am back home again

I am home but not yet up to much, still weak and the legs are vey shaky.
So there is not a  lot to report.
Mary and Carla were here this after noon. We had a nice visit. Carla brought apples from her mom's trees I think as there were several kinds. Mary worked on my computers. She is so good. She just had a little while to go before Rose is born. I had a few little gifts for the baby that I picked up at the gift shop in the hospital, lovely little things that are all hand made.
Carla brought some stew and buns for our dinner. The past two nights we have ordered in. My appetite has returned now that  I can have food I like. I lost 20 pounds while in the hospital but it looks like I might gain it all back at this rate.  LOL
I have no photos right now but I'll soon take some more when I can get out. The trees are just lovely,such beautiful colours.
I am getting used to my ileoconduit and getting the hang of changing the bag.
Soon I'll be an expert LOL!!! and can give lessons. Actually I had to do lessons at the hospital as some of the nurses had no idea of how to do it. They had no training. :>(
Ray will be an expert too!!
Someone close by is hammering  Grrr!!
Ray is warming up Carla's stew for dinner. MMMM
So I will close for now.
Have a great evening folks :>))) Bon soir!

12 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, welcome home. I think you have had enough "vacation" so please stay home. Get yor strenght back so you can hit the road with your camera in hand and to your different classes. Also, your local bakery has missed you. LoL. I was so glad to see your blog this morning. I have missed you. Love, Jean

Amy said...

So glad you are back at home. We've missed you!

Denise said...

Nan!!! Praise God you're home!!! I've been praying for you on a daily basis. One always feels better when they get to sleep in their own bed. I know you'll grow stronger each and every day. Welcome home.

Patti-USA said...

So good to see you posting, Nan, & I know you are estatic to be home! :)) Glad your appetite has returned & you're able to eat whatever you want ~ that will sure help gain your strength back.:)) Take care & keep us posted. Still in my prayers ~ hugs, Patti-USA

sb said...

We are so happy to hear that you are home and as cheerful as ever.

Diana Davis said...

Oh Nan!!! I'm so glad you are home and ok!! We have been praying for you! You just rest and get better; we will all be so glad to have you back!!!

Love, Diana xo ♥

Sharon said...

Hi Nan. So glad you're home again and to hear your "voice" via the internet. And glad your sense of humour is as sharp as ever. We all miss you on Tuesdays and always speak of you and send you warm wishes. Love, Sharon

Jaayimee said...

Nan,
I have missed you terribly and am so glad you are back home. Did they kick the infection from the kidneys?
Love,
Jamie

Gail in Arizona said...

Nan I am so pleased to read your post - a few days late but you know me - a day late usually :) Glad you are home and in your own bed. As has been said you have been missed - LOTS!

Love and hugs Gail

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

So sorry I missed your at home news! I'm missed you and now I see you are back in the hospital again.

Diana Davis said...

So are you home or are we just playing catch-up with our comments?

Diana

Mary said...

Hi Diana,

I've just been catching up on publishing all the comments you folks have been making :)