a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, May 30, 2011

redwork designs

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=Free+vintage+redwork+embroidery+patterns&fr=att-portal&toggle=1&cop=&ei=UTF-8
Lots of red work designs on this page and following pages. If you don't want to buy and can draw these pages can give you lots of ideas.

http://freshlypieced.blogspot.com/2011/05/hexing-around-block.html
Another good idea. How to make a hexagon block. Looks like fun.
I won these little squares in an internet swap.
Hexagons joined together make neat Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks. I intended to make more and do something with them but so far that hasn't happened. I did make a nice table runner and some place mats using
hexagons for my son Jim.  I bought the paper pieces- 2 inch size . I like those as the paper weight suits me and is easy to  use. I can also use them several times which brings the cost down.
I found that doing these hexagons was relaxing. Some friends in my sewing group have done whole quilts using one inch papers. They did such cute flowers by fussy cutting the centres and the outer parts too. Such dedication!
This is a nice arrangemnt of
hexagons.

Isn't this pretty?
Pretty pinks,I do love these cotton yarns, such gorgeous colours. 

Ray is still very sick today so I had to do the jobs today. Well I wanted to so he could rest and get better. I did 2 loads of washing all the while carrying my Constant Companion who is getting heavier by the minute. I made him tomato soup as we both think it makes us better when we are sick. My mom always made it for me as a child when I was sick in bed. So if mom did it it had to work LOL. Then I prepared supper , sauerkraut, celery, onion and garlic along with hot sausage  , it is cooking in the oven at the moment. It is so good I can hardly wait to eat it.  Oh yes Constant Companion helped me with the dicing and slicing LOL . I had to be very careful not to cut through my tubing.
Today is Memorial Day in the USA, a time to remember all those who served their countries. In my case I have had loved ones who served their countires in all wars since WW1 . If there were any earlier I don't know about them. Thank you!
Time to sign off, have a lovely evening folks.
Buena Sera.







2 comments:

Kathy said...

Dear Nan, it is so nice to have you back writing your blog! The dish cloth is lovely.
Hope Ray feels much better tomorrow.
Kathy

Kathy said...

Dear Nan, it is so nice to have you back writing your blog again! The dish cloth is lovely.
I hope Ray feels much better tomorrow.
Love, Kathy