a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

slow day

http://www.youtube.com/user/MissouriQuiltCo 
Look here to find a great video tutorial of how to create a Dresden Plate block. It has some super tips and tricks for a beautiful block. I have made Dresden Plates before and I learned a thing or two. Have fun with it.

A bit if a slow day today. We waited for the nurse to come, she had a student nurse with her so had to explain everything she was doing and she had lots to do beside changing the IV bag. She nedded to replace the tubing from the pic line as well as resetting the pump. She wants me to start going to the clinic for the changing of the IV. It isn't far but it has been so nice having the nurse come to the house to do it. I guess it is costly to have home service. After tomorrow it will be just 4 weeks until this is over.
I had to go to the library as I had no books left ,yikes, that is a horror for a reader. We got three books-  they were heavy and Ray had to carry them so I cut it down to three.
We went to A&W to try out the Grandma burger that is being advertised right now. Well frankly it is not Formidable in my opinion.
We ran into my sister Margaret in the mall while we were shopping for Neo Citran for Ray. She said she wa going to come over with a book for me . So now I have 4 books, two of them Fast Reads that I need to read this week and Margaret's book is due in 2 weeks so I'll need to finish it next week.  Two of them are big print so it won't take too long to read them.
Dog days!!
Here are two little fellows we ran into at the mall, I took 2 pictures so we could see the faces of both of the dogs .

Marg came over with the book and stayed for an hour or so to visit.
Then Ray and I both had a short nap, not while Marg was here LOL.
Tom's sent a supply list today for the next sewing class. I really want to go but it is a lot of trouble to me to get things ready. I have contemplated asking Tom to set me up for a price but naa , better not. I am just too lazy to do it but maybe I could go and observe.
The class is on Thursday so I can think about it. Ray won't want me to go out at night though. He worries....
Hmm maybe it wasn't such a slow day after all LOL.
Have a lovely evening friends.
Bon Soir.

No comments: