a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, October 2, 2014

cherries

http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---cherry-blossom-marmalade-dresden-block-by-lea-anne-brummett.htm






Picture Frame is a good pattern when you need something quick!


Pretty in Pink once again, pink is very attractive in my opinion. 

And this one is kind of hard to see but it is worth the visit. Embroidered barn quilt. I have seen these barns with  a big block painted on it but not a full quilt. However if you are doing a quilt it is possible to put the quilt on a barn quilt. So here we go. I hope you can see some of these wonderful barns.

Oh well it is kind of hard to see but you get the idea. The sashing is quite wonderful and the corner blocks are unique. All the blocks are embroidered by hand. I would love to see it better but you take what you can get.

As for the day we did go our for a while . I wanted to go to Michael's for a bit of yarn and I also bought a 12" by 12" box . I dearly wanted one that could hold a 12" block as all the ones I have are too small for that size of block.

Then we went up to our little mall for bread at the bakery. I bought a Cornish pastry and Ray had a large sausage roll.  We do buy a lot of bread but we only eat it for a couple of days, the out it goes and we are not very big bread eaters just buyers LOL.

We sat down at one of the tables for a while and I ate my pastry. It is so crumbly that I hate to eat it at home. I prefer to  make a mess
at the mall Haha.

I tried to have a bit of a nap when I got home but Sam called and we made a date for lunch on Monday. I was so happy to hear from him as he had been up in McClure for a while helping out the family of a friend who had died . He is a kind hearted man.

Sam and grandpa getting ready to eat. 

And then Richard called so I had another chat.It was good.

And I am ready to clean up the kitchen.

Have a lovely evening folks.

Good night.









No comments: