a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

did it again

Remember last Spring when I found the lovely purple jacket in my closet that I couldn't recall purchasing. Well I must have bought other things I could not remember since I found a new pair of black slacks in my closet with the price tags on it. No I don't recall buying it.  I must have had a great time buying new clothes at some point in the year. It is time to go through my closet and see what else is new. LOL.


http://www.incolororder.com/p/tutorials_21.html
http://www.incolororder.com/p/block-of-month.html

Interesting look at colour and a block of the month. Some kind of star, but the tutorials could be helpful.

We are watching Vegas at the moment so I will stop periodically to catch up on my viewing. And I don't know the names of any of the players.

I hear the rain on the roof, love that sound. It is so nice and cozy when you are inside out of the rain or in bed listening to the rain.
Sometimes I stand at the living room window watching the rain run down the downstairs roof.  it is right beside my window. Maybe I have lived here too long but when it is sunny for too long I want the rain to come and it does , so life is good.

Today we had our Christmas party at our morning sewing group. Nearly everybody came for the party unless they were ill or out of town, It was lovely seeing all our friends in one place. The food was great too.  I was so wrapped  up in chatting that I only took one photo.  And I finished embroidering the antennae on my butterflies.
I have until next year to set up another applique project LOL. Or to finish a long ago project that is lying in the closet. That would make Pat happy.  She has remarked on that project more than once but not lately. She has given up on me. So maybe I'll just surprise her. It will be some project as I started it it before I learned to applique properly. Lots of work but I have learned to be patient when it comes to sewing. Rome wasn't built in a day.



 Make your own gift tags!http://prettybyhand.squarespace.com/blog/2012/11/28/2012-holiday-tag-a-long-tutorial.html

Very pretty tags for your gifts. A good tutorial  on how to make them. So indulge yourself  and get busy on these tags. I wonder if they could be used as name tags for luggage . Maybe a size increase might make the difference.
http://www.quiltersworld.com/newsletters.php?
mode=issue&issue_id=555&department_id=44


Ah some adorable ornaments to make for the kiddies and for the tree.  Good luck with that.

http://pinoyinoz.blogspot.com/p/tutorials-and-pdfs.html
Some neat little gifts , I like the second pattern , a lovely backpack.

Time for photos.

Kitties know where the good stuff
is and the farmer is good at aiming LOL.
 
 
No words needed.
 
It's good to have friends to keep you warm.
 
Merry Christmas folks.
 
Isn't this lovel straight quilting, it is perfect. I wonder how that is done . Any clues?
 
What a nice place to rest. That's what friends are for.
 
Three for the price of one. How did that happen?  Cute little guys though!
 
Time's up for me.
Have a good evening.
Bon soir.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
.










No comments: