a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Why am I late tonight

I'll tell you. I worked at my embroidery machine most of the day  and that takes a lot of time. This is what I made today.
 
 
I embroidered these two towels . My camera does  not pick up the colours very well. I wonder if Santa will bring me a new one LOL. I guess I'll have to ask him. Or maybe just buy it myself , that way I'll get the right one.

Marg came over this afternoon too. I had a book for her, must see if she took it. Did you Margaret?

I had a disaster with my machine today. I wonder why the bobbin makes such a huge racket when it gets about half way finished , and it will no longer work properly. I had to get a new bobbin, a new needle, take the hoop off the machine and smooth out the stabilizers.  It wasn't a complete disaster as I was able to get it fixed. I think it happened because I was talking to Margaret. Machines don't like to be ignored. I have heard other people say that about their embroidery machines. Very temperamental things.
Anyway it is going away for the time being while we are in Quebec. LOL. Punishment, it goes in the corner with a hood on it.

It is hard to believe that it took nearly all day to get those two towels completed. I did notice however the last time I was at a class that those who had a more expensive machine got their project  done a lot faster as the bigger and better machines finished the work much faster.  They had a faster stitch time. But I'll be happy with my little machine and just take the time I need. As Ray tells me it is a hobby not a job.
And it is taking me all this time to write the blog too. What is up with me today. I am on slow speed I am afraid. Oh well that's okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWordIFbjqs&feature=youtu.be
Tutorials from Missouri Quilt company. They are releasing Applique tutorials all week. Have a good time.


Chocolate Lover's Quilt Block. Lovely isn't it. Susan of Starwood Quilter  posted it. I like these colours pink and brown make a lovely display. Now here is another variation of the same block in different colours .
 
This colour combination looks more like grape juice to me not a chocolate Lover's quilt block.
 
Colour makes such a big difference .
 
Two kitties having a conversation. What do you think they are talking about?
 
Merry Christmas everybody.
 
Cats just can't resist climbing a tree even when they know they'll get stuck up there. But he is a pretty Kitty. I am under the impression that all ginger cats are males. Is that right folks, let me know if you are more aware than I am. Great picture!!
 
Haha I love this snowman. It is such a demonstration of a creative thinker.
 
I'll take a carrot anywhere I can get one.
 
It's time to go folks.
Have a lovely evening .
 
Good night everyone.
 
Dobrou noc. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 













1 comment:

Nancy G said...

Actually, around 25% of ginger cats are females!