a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, December 3, 2012

Ray's 75th birthday

Oh boy it was a long run today and both of us are tired. Ray is napping after his big dinner tonight. Sam took Ray and I out to dinner at the Keg for Ray's birthday.  Ray had  Top Sirloin steak  and Sam had the same. I had a Keg Caesar Salad. We did have two appetizers , I had a drink , a Caesar. I was into Roman emperors tonight. We had a great visit with Sam. He is a wonderful grandson and we love him so much. We talked about young Ricky and how he would need all the support we could give him. We did discuss other more pleasant things too.
My wonderful husband on his 75th birthday. You have given me the best years of my life my beloved. Thank you so much.

I don't really feel like writing tonight but along with the pleasure of writing the blog comes the obligation of writing the blog  because people look for it and expect it. I love all my readers and am grateful to you all for enriching my life too. 

Starting the day was a long visit to Tom's  while he worked on my embroidery machine to make the outlines work and the bobbin thread stay at the bottom instead of creeping up to the top. He is such a great guy, never charged me anything . While he was working on it I took Ray for lunch at IHOP which is almost next door to Tom's.
He has a contest going on, there is always some kind of contest going on there and lots of participation. This contest was Christmas Stockings. There were some lovely ones and I did take photos.
 
 
 
 
Aren't they all wonderful? I do like the penguin.
If  things are not too bad next year I might try to make one and join in the contest.
We went to Michael's after getting my machine  from Tom and I bought some more cotton yarn for the dish cloths that are nearly the only thing I am making nowadays.  I hope this drought goes away soon and that I have more time to do things. We are leaving for Quebec on the 19th and Rick will be staying here while we are away so he can visit with the kids and grands.
 
By the time we got home I wanted to take a nap before we went out for dinner but the phone kept ringing. I have friends who have known Richard since he was very young and they also called.
 
Congratulations to Prince William and Kate on the upcoming blessing of a child.
 
 
Remember these birds and remember that I did not know what they were, well now I do. Sarah Lynn gave me the information. Shaft Tailed Finch ,a  Black throated variety.  I found some more finches but will save them for later.  I love these little birds, the click about so fast , are never still and they have a lovely little song.
 
The little blue heads are also a treat , beautiful colour.
 
Precious baby and dog. Sweet aren't they?
 
Not a pretty face but this is funny. Sorry Nick.
 
Crazy Quilting is so beautiful. This is another gorgeous piece. I wonder how long it takes to make a block such as this one.
 
Cute and funny , the little dachshund is having a great time in the snow.
I think that is all for tonight.
I hope you all had a lovely evening.
 
Mirembrema
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Happy Birthday Ray!

Karin said...

happy boxing birthday, Uncle Ray