a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, December 2, 2012

embroidery printings

Another almost do nothing day. However I did download my two new embroideries which I had planned to do on a pair of towels today. Goee plans but not to be done. The new printer wa not behaving any better than the old one so Ray and I together had to work on getting IT working. I couldn't do it but Ray could. Thanks to home for the help and he doesn't even get computers but he does get machines.and he often helps me with my machine problems.
So we did get the colour charts for two embroideries and the photos of the embroideries. When they are done I'll put them up on the blog. Don't hold your breath though LOL.

We always do our pill boxes on Sunday after breakfast and today was no different. I tried to clean off the table a bit , not completely as that is where I do my embroideries.  Then I did the washing, several loads of it. Good for me !! Okay now you can take your fingers out of your throats. haha. I know you ladies and maybe gentlemen do the washing every time but since I have been sick and useless to do the washing is a big success for me and a help to Ray too which is improtant. So I try.... and succeed haha today.

Margaret came over after church to tell us that Richard had been put on the prayer list of St. Mary's Anglican church.  Thank you Margaret. Marg is Rick's godmother.  We visited for a while. She would like me tomake her another mug rug. I will if I can find the time before the 13th which is when she wants it for a dinner she is giving for friends.
I'll try.
After Marg left to go home I went back to the computer and we managed to get the items printed , maybe I can get them done tomorrow. Because they will be on a towel there is no finishing or quilting to be done, so once the embroidery is done the job will be done all except for taking off the stabilizers. I put the clear stabilizer on top so the stitches don't sink into the towelling.

Then we ate, nothing special as we didn't want to cook but it filled us up. We watched the movie of the explosion of two ships in the  Halifax Nova Scotia harbour in 1917. It was a major disaster and caused great loss of human life and property. The movie is a tremendous drama of that tragedy.
Dreadful  isn't it? Remember the pictures are all  black and white in 1917. This one is of homes that were devastated by the explosion that occurred when the Mont Blanc loaded with explosives and the Norwegian SS Imo collided with each other in the Halifax harbour known as the narrows so you see there would not be a lot of room for ships that pass in the night.
 
We did not more.
Time for my photos. Let's see what I got today.
 
 I like this one, it brings back memories and makes me happy that I don't have to do my laundry this way. It was awful in the winter when it did nothing but rain and I had to hang my washing on lines strung in the basement and on the pull down rack that lived permanently on the ceiling unless it was being used to dry the clothes. Life with laundry is so much better these days.
 
and Mr. and Mrs. Snow people trim the tree outside in the snow. If they were inside it would be a huge mess to clean up LOL.
 
Rub a dub dub , three pups in a tub and what do you think will be next dear one.
 
Ho ho ho one pup in a red sock. Nice contrast.
 
I've probably shown this one of Charlotte before  but I just love it. I wonder if she is in trouble.
 
What a sweetie.
 
What a beautiful puppy, a weimaraner. That grey is so unique. Another great contrast. Very Christmasy!!
 
Time to go friends.
Have a lovely evening.
Buona sera.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Margaret Rick's aunt also ?

nanboudreau said...

Yes , she is Rick's aunt as well as his godmother.
love
Nan