a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, December 7, 2012

lotsa blocksa

http://delawarequilts.com/BOMs/

Many, many blocks on Delaware quilts. I like Ann's Star at the bottom of the list.  Maybe it is the colours yellow and blue that attract me because it does Haha.

 
 
Sew the Tudor Rose    Find the instructions for the Tudor Rose right here.  I thought it was an attractive block and that you might like it.  A number of these in different colours will make a nice quilt ot lap quilt. So go at it and have fun.  

We had to go to the bank today. We took some moey out of our savings account and put it in our checking account. We saved this money for our old age, I think I have mentioned before that it was here so we get to spend that money on things like car insurance, car payments and house taxes.  Awful isn't it. No fun spending. 

After the bank we went for fun stuff at Cockney Kings. Fish and chips!! I remember that once in a while my dad would come home with fish and chips wrapped in newpaper. Oh my that was such a real treat and always a surprise!! When I was in elementary school there was a fish and chip shop just down the street from the school. Once in a while mom would give us 15 cents for lunch. We could get one piece of fish for 10 cents and chips for 5 cents. It was so good. Combine that with malt vinegar and salt and it was fabulous.Ah such are childhood memories. All about food . LOL. In Stanley Park , a huge park on the water they sold All Day Suckers. And they did last all day or even longer. I loved them.

After eating our lunch I went into Fabricland while Ray went to Rona's, a hardware store. I bought a metre of white fabric. The cashier charged me full price , but the clerk beside her said I think that is on sale. So she went to the back of the store and found the bolt. Sure enough it was on sale ,70% off. That young lady saved me a full $10. How great it that!  I also bought three balls of red cotton for dishcloths. Red is very hard to find.  I'll take the photo tomorrow as I don't feel like it tonight. Then we had to go to the veggie store for tomatoes . Ray has tomato on his toast for breakfast and we were out of them.That was it for the outings today. 

We came home and rested. We didn't have any supper as we were full and could not eat anything more. I can't seem to do anything after I come home, no energy left for sewing. I'll have to stay in on Sunday.  

 
Little dogs sitting on the couch.
 
 
Hmm waiting for Santa, prepared to celebrate.
 
 
 
Cute but not cuddley, way too cold.

 
You can run /swim but you can't hide.

 
You're a target buddy. Good thing he had a few beer and couldn't shoot straight.

 
See the old lady with the cane? That's me. Well I have better clothes than she has.
See the young woman on the wall? That's me too. That woman is inside the old woman. She is the young old lady and she dances the night away.
Feasgar math.
 
 
                                       




No comments: