a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Part 3

  http://peckspieces.blogspot.com/2012/12/santa-in-pines-part-3.html

Hurrah, Part 3 of Santa  in the pines. Good luck with that and send a photo if you are making it.

Still time to make a Christmas stocking and here is a  tutorial to help you on your way.
http://sewlux.blogspot.com/2011/11/scrappy-spiral-stocking-tutorial.html


Free Sewing Christmas Project - make a Christmas pinwheel holly berry
quilted table topper
http://www.lovetosew.com/christmaspinwheelquilt.htm

I love green holly and red berries so this is a pretty red and green table topper , just right for your Christmas table.

Jingle Bell Square finishing instructions.
http://patchplayquilting.com/play-for-free/jingle-bell-square/

That is all, I don't want to  give you too many things to do  LOL
.
 Today was my early morning get up, 7:00 rather than my usual 8:30. Pat was picking me up at 8:50 to go  for our coffee time at Starbucks in the mall. I had a hash brown from A&W, like those. Oh and I had my coffee too. We had our chat , mostly about Rick well at least for a while, then we talked about other things. The Christmas party at the church is next week so we talked about what to bring. I'll bring a big bowl of grapes and Pat has something more interesting to bring.  But I love grapes on any table so that suits me.

Then we went on to our sewing group. I told the ladies about Richard and they were all very kind. Pat worked on her beautiful quilt and I , if you can believe it embroidered just one antennae on my butterfly. I had to take it out a few times  as the pencil line wasn't very good so I just redid the line and it all worked well.
People were going to go away for Christmas to places far and beyond. Betty Lu is going to Maine, me to Quebec, Helen up to the Shuswap. If anyone else was leaving town I missed it.
There were some great pieces that the quilters were working on. I took a few photos.

Pat's beautiful quilt.
 
Diane's lovely snowflake quilt which she fused onto the background and then appliqued. Not sure if it was machine or hand applique.
 
Heather and he gorgeous Christmas table runner. She is the expert on table runners.
 
Helen's snakes and ladders quilt for one of her grandchildren.
 
 
 
 We had our lunch   and then we all got ready to go. It was a great day. Pat took me home. I used to go to Pumpkin Seeds and then to Betty's but since Juliet is not longer doing that I am out of luck. I have to work on Ray to come and bring me home LOL.

When I got home I was tired so guess where I went, you're right. Off for a nap. I hardly read very much before I fell asleep.
Ray had received a letter in the mail with a photo of two of the great grandchildren Hayley Rose and Jolie Anne. Adorable little girls . Haykey Rose is the one to whom I send English books.

 
 
Time is up for me . I hope your evening is lovely.
Bon Soir.











No comments: