a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, January 3, 2011

Home is the wounded

Home from the emergency ward. What an adventure this was. My tea party turned into something else. I fell in Barb's kitchen and banged my head on the corner of a cabinet. I don't know how I managed to fall though , just did. My ribs are sore and bruised, and I have some bruising on one leg. Barb took me to one clinic close by and they said they were far behind so advised that we go to another one not so close by. They kindly called ahead and were told 45 minutes would be the wait time. It was a bit longer before we saw the doctor who said he could not sew this one up as it went right through the second layer below the skin and hit the skull and I would have to go to emergency so he bound up my head like what you see in this picture and set us on our way. Off to emergency . Barb called Ray to say she would go get him and take him to her place to pick up my car and then come down to the hospital. I was glad to see him, better believe it. He is a strength to me. I had to wait a bit at the hospital but not too long as they have a quick ward for patients who need care . So they stitched me up with 7 stitches and put this pressure bandage on my head for some reason. I think it is to stop the bruising. It has to stay on for 24 hours.
That was the adventure of today.
In the morning I went to Tom's and picked up my embroidery machine, then to London Drugs where the tech there told me what to do with my photos and it worked. London Drugs to the rescue once again.
It seems that the freezing is coming out of my head and it is hurting now. However I feel in full control of my faculties because I can write this blog LOL.
Now for another photo of the mountains, this one is pretty good.

And here are the Lions who guard the entrance to the harbour and protect the city of Vancouver from all evil. Good one eh!!
So that is all for the evening, I am going to take my sore head and give it a rest.
Have a wonderful evening .
Guten Abend.





3 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Ouch!!!!!!!!!! I'll be praying for your speedy recovery.

Billie in tX

Diana Davis said...

Oh no!! Please take care!!! Will be praying for you from here too!!

Angie in SoCal said...

Oh my! Get better soon!