a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, February 12, 2015

strange things

The Cremation of Sam McGee

BY ROBERT W. SERVICE
There are strange things done in the midnight sun
      By the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales
      That would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen queer sights,
      But the queerest they ever did see
Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
      I cremated Sam McGee.

This poem has a great rythm. That makes it run through your mind and not stop.

But I chose it because of the first line, and it is the reason why I chose that line because Strange things are happening to me.  First is that I have forgotten what it is that is strange. How the memory disappears as you age. Wait for it folks.  Maybe what I wanted to say will be remembered before the blog is written.

Can't get out of these italics. So for tonight we are stuck with it.





Crazy hearts , lots of choice here.  Aha I have discovered what to do. 

There is a song called Crazy Hearts written by Hank Williams and sung by him too. It keeps running through my head. This is a lovely quilt.

This morning we went out to Richmond to buy some fabric. Ray wants me to make armchair covers for the new chairs. Plus he wants a head square for the back of the chairs where our heads rest. We went to Fabricana for the fabric. 



Quinn with his first coffee LOL  and dad Albert watching him.
Left off here folks. 

Have a good evening.










No comments: