a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, March 5, 2011

and on the 6th day

I rested nearly all afternoon caught up in a book. It is a compelling read by Lisa Jackson entitled Without Mercy.
It is wonderful how you can spend so much time just resting and reading. I guess I needed the rest or I wouldn't have taken it LOL.
The story started out a bit slowly but soon picked  up the pace. It revolves around two sisters, one of  whom was sentenced to a very isolated  school in the wilds of Oregon for delinquency and drug abuse. It is the type of place that practices tough love and has a large component of religion. There have been some strange goings on, a student there has disappeared and seemingly vanished into thin air. A teacher has been discharged for fraternization with a student.
The older sister thinks something sinister is going on at the school and gets hired as a replacement for the dischatged teacher. And there are a lot of secrets happening. I was compelled to keep on reading.
But this is not the only thing I did today. We all went grocery shopping and stopped at Tim Horton's. We call it Timmy's so if I use this term you will know what I mean. Then I spent some time on my new computer figuring out how to use it with my embroideries. Not as easy as you think. I had to call on Jim for a few tips. I wish he could stay LOL.
Then I called Adam to wish him a happy birthday tomorrow. He, Lisa and little Adam are somewhere in Utah skiing. Little Adam is learning and he learned so quickly that he did step one , skipped lesson 2 and went directly to lesson 3. Good for him!!
Great grandson Adam on his 1st day skiing .
Fun on the lift:))
I just had to drop this little photo into  my blog. I am sure you will all get a laugh out of it considering how topical it is at the moment
 LOL!!!!

Have a great evening folks.
Bon Soir!

1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

Hahaha! I recognize that kitty picture! ;^)
Yay for little Adam on his skiing progress!
And you deserved a day of rest. But now you've got me interested in the book!