a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, March 3, 2011

cleaning day

We spent a good part of the day cleaning out my computer stuff upstairs. I can't believe how much STUFF there was upstairs, and how I have been too scared to throw anything away just in case I needed it or it was really important. Well not now, I threw away a ton of stuff,jewel cases and too many extra discs . Too much paper  and special photo paper, extra cameras and attachments. I was ruthless, hope I won't be sorry. However there is not enough room down here for all that and it is things I have not ever looked at. Some games that are ancient given that you can get all the games you want on the net. And on it goes. I am pleased with myself for being brave LOL.
We did go to London Drugs this morning and I bought a cute little brooch for my coat  as well as a pocketbook. We looked at some printers, laser ones but they are very large and again no room for something that large. Jim always wants to take me to see electronics that he hopes I will buy LOL.
Tomorrow he wants me to sew a seam on the pocket of his heavy winter overall. Let's hope the machine will do that.
Then we went to dinner at Mr. Ho's, Chinese of course. Ray and I love the garlic dry spareribes, but Jim doesn't care for them so we eat them all. 
Jim likes to go to his favourite restaurants when he is here. He does so much work for us so we take him to his restaurants. Fair trade.
Of course I did not sew, no time!!
My friend Jean from Delaware called me this morning,we had a lovely visit over the phone. We discussed toilets amd embird, an eclectic kind of discussion haha.
No photos today, I just can't seem to get any taken for some reason but there will be pictures on Sunday when we get to see Charlotte.  Hurrah!
I need to shop for her  pretty soon.
Kathy is quite ill right now so we did not go to our sewing class tonight. I thought it was last night but I was wrong. Too bad as the class was making a cover with trapunto for our sewing machines and I wanted to do it. But Tom will save the instructions and the materials for us. I wonder if we can go there one day and do the class.
Time to go folks.
Have a great evening!!

1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

Yeah I have all the papers etc from all the computers I have owned! Well most of them anyway. And the jewel cases are always nice to put home made cds in or movies too.