a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

big money!

Today was the big scary day, we took all our stuff to the accountant to see if we got money or gave money.  The good news is we get $2900 returned to us, some of which came from charity giving and medical bills.
Good thing we get money back considering the way everything in this province is going up, up, up!!
That was the morning. We came home and had lunch. I bought some veggie chicken nuggets on Saturday and thought I really needed to eat them . So I cooked them up and had them with salsa. I loved the salsa but I wouldn't go out and steal some. So that is off my list, back to real chicken balls LOL. I do like meat, not a lot but definitely some meat for dinner.
Ray bought some ham to go with the hambone Carla gave him on Sunday and he made his fabulous pea soup for dinner. It was so good!! I'm still slathering over it but one has to take care not to eat too much at one sitting-right? And we need some for tomorrow. Oh that's not  right, I am going out to dinner tomorrow and I'll fill you all in late in the evening. :))
Margaret came over in the afternoon to exchange books, she gave me on and I gave her one so it was an even trade. We visitied for some time, she and her friend are planning another trip to New York, they loved it when they were there on their cruise in September. She wants to go over to New Jersey, can't she just take a ferry or go over a bridge on a bus? Sounds reasonable to me :)) Hey, but what do I know about New Jersey.
I tried to give you all a link but for some strange reason it got lost in the ether. I find lots of things do that to me. I need to understand the ether better. LOL
http://quilting-tutorials.blogspot.com/2011/03/mug-rug-monday-rail-fence.html
This blogger has a weekly mug rug pattern on her blog, she puts it up on Mondays. May give you some ideas , they are very simple ones to do and look easy and fast.
Talking about colour, anything colourful catches the eye, which is why nature has the most beautiful colours of anywhere except for fabric  of course. Were we talking about colour? Well we are now haha
One day when my grandson Sam was a lot younger, we were driving along and I spotted a bed of beautiful red tulips. I guess I commented enthusiastically . Sam said ," Grandma, you are so easy to please". I guess he didn't get it or he doesn't have the colour eye.He does love black, does that tell the tale? I always remember that comment and it is true I am nearly always happy.

Doesn't this make YOU feel happy. :))

It's time to go, have a great evening.
God Afton.


No comments: