a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Canucks won!!

The weather today was gorgeous. Spring is such a beautiful time. The The trees are beginning to bud and some of them are flowering, it was 15' and the sun was shining.
Richard and Richard just left. They came for a sandwich , a beer and to watch the hockey game and a great visit. It was wonderful to see them.  And to top things off the Canucks won the hockey
game.  Hurrah!!
I slept for  long time this afternoon, I was so tired.  But I feel much livelier now. :))
And Mary got my embroideries onto the stick. Well I really got them onto the stick  but she told me what to do.  So I did a sample stitch out of the little design I want to add to my label to see if everything worked. It did !! So I am now back in the embroidery business. Here is the stitchout.

Bad lighting but cute embroidery. There is another one opposite this and they are called Twin A and Twin B. Maybe I should do both of them. I am so thrilled with Mary's fixings. She is so clever....
This fabric below is the one I mentioned last night with the hats. It is kind of growing on me despite the fact that it is not what I wanted originally.


 I am looking forward  to getting back to my sewing and embroidery. It is time to get started on Charlotte's quilt which is going to be really cute ballerinas. I bought the designs from Elsa's designs some time ago. Whoops.  It isn't Elsa's and the designs are on the PC and I don't want to turn  it on. Lazy bones LOL. I found the site, it is Kreative Kiwi Embroideries. Some really cute designs on this site.
I finsihed the book that Marg brought over, it just took me 2 eveings to finish it. A new author for me Mary Jane Clark. I thought she might be related to Mary Higgins Clark but Marg said there was no relationship. She writes one of those short chapter books that leads you on and on until it is finished.  The book is called Dying For Mercy. if you like mysteries you'll like this one.
Have a great evening folks!
Buensa Noches....

1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

I love the hat fabric, Nan!! It is cheerful to me. I do hope you get well soon so that you can come back to us!