a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, March 4, 2011

rug is done

Took me three days to make this little mug rug .Day one create the front and embroidery the face of the rug. Day two sandwich and quilt. Day three ,today, square up, add the binding and TRY to do that difficult 45' join on the binding. That took me so long and in the end I said to HECK with it and just did a 1/4" straight join. Then I sewed the binding down. It is done. Look!!
This snowman design so a free one from Charming Station which has  198 free redwork snowmen designs.
I  changed the position of the embroidery from the left to the right. However I have found a solution to keeping my rugs clean. A plastic envelope from one of my quilting pattern is just the right size to slip these into-perfect. None of the cleaning items I used would clear off the coffee stains,  although when I spilled  coffee on my nightgown and put it in the washer the stain came right out. Weird!
I found a 6 inch square with snowmen on it from a trade and used it for the backing.

There , isn't it cute?
As for the rest of my day, I had to go back to the doctor as I had another infection. Once again I am on antibiotics, not very happy about that !! Then I went
 to the lab for a  test and a kidney function test. And off to the pharmacy for the pills.
Jim, Ray and I went to the mall for a bit of lunch, then Jim had to go downtown.  when I got home I did some more clean up of things from upstairs.
With all that my day was pretty busy.
I am reading a book by Danielle Steele called Sisters. It is kind of drippy and simple. I don't think I'll read another of her books, not enough depth for me and very repetative.
That's all folks!!!
Have a lovely evening.
Kia Ora.

1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

Oh I think that little mat is just adorable!!!