a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I cooked!!!

I cooked a roast this afternoon, made the gravy and cooked the veggies.  My name is Ray LOL. He usually does things like roasts but he and Jim were putting the new computer desk together. Jim brought the computer downstairs , set things up , found all my embroideries "hurrah" , and it works. I am so impressed with the ability to do all these things. I can only do my email and blog , the easy stuff. But it will be great for me now as there is no way I can do the stairs with these limpy legs. I am a happy woman.
But the day started beautifully with a call from Sam inviting us out for brunch.. And of course we went, had a great visit the four of us.
Sam is in the process of finalizing the purchase of a house. I am looking forward to seeing the house.
I called up my chiropractor this afternoon,I have a rib or two out of place and tomorrow I see him so hopefully the pain will be gone.
After that  I looked up a redwork snowman embroidery design to make another mug rug.  It should be done tomorrow ,hopefully!
I made the top and cut out the middle and the back, then I had to make dinner.
That's where the roast came in.
And the burnt corn.... I find cooking boring so had in my life often set something to cook and forgot about it so inevitably it burned. Thus the burnt corn. I was sewing and got absorbed. However the roast and gravy was delicious and we opened another can of corn LOL
The site for the redwork snowman and hundreds of his pals is Charming Station Embroidery. Have a look in your browser for some fun designs.
By the time we got things cleaned up from supper I was too tired to sew any more but that was a full day's work so to speak. I am getting better.
Our  grandson Ricky came over tonight to watch the hockey game and the station did not broadcast it tonight. We don't know why as it is on, Ricky found it on his I phone, whatever you call them. I just have a phone, no I. LOL.
He and Jim have gone out to Dairy Queen for a good gossip. Men are bigger gossips than women haha!!
March Sunbonnet Sue, isn't she adorable?
Have a lovely evening folks.
Lilale....


1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

oh yes your March sunbonnet Sue is adorable!! And I laughed about the corn. I quit heating corn on the stovetop and just put it in the microwave now.