a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

back is back to normal

Or almost, but it is a lot better. My chiropractor said there were 4 ribs out of place ,no wonder my back hurt so much . But today was so much more pleasant .
I played around on my new computer for a few hours trying to get things all figured out. I learned a lot of things but still have to practice. Getting my embroideries to open is a trial in Windows 7. I think I might buy  Embird and the iconizer. I think though that they have a big learning curve. Still I do want to be able to work with my designs more effectively than I do now.
Jim and Ray worked on fixing the toilet today, just a small fix so they said. So off they went to Rona to exchange the stuff Ray bought the other day. I said why don't you just buy a new toilet? Hands in the air in absolute horror. $ 160 for a toilet they cried when we can fix it ourselves for a lot less. First trip, whoops we need to go back for something else and then a new tool was required. Don't ask what the final bill was, I didn't, LOL. It always amuses me how many times they neeed to go to the harware store, kind of like quilters. How many times do we go to the store while making a quilt. I go several times myself.  haha!!
We had planned to meet Peter for dinner at Cockney Kings where Jim wants to go when he is in Vancouver so the fixing job had to be deferred until we got back home. We had a great visit with Peter who was on his way to his Barber Shop group which he has sung in for the past 18 years. Fish and Chips and oysters were good too:))

Jim and Peter, Peter got caught in the bright sunlight.

My dish cloth production for this year....And lucky I was to get this done.
The mug rug update, just a small amount of work done on that task.
I sprayed the pieces all together which makes it easier to do on a small project than pinning. Things were getting busy around here so I just managed to get a few lines quilted with a feather stitch along the vertical lines and stay stitched along the edges. Then I went looking for some red fabric to make the binding and I found some binding of the same fabric in the rug  and it is /was all ready to go. It was left over from the binding on my SBS quilt. But I did not get any time to sew it on. Tomorrow! This is a really cute little rug but I won't show you until it is done. It is diffi ult to do any amount of work when company ishere even if it is family. They come to visit. But Jim has worked for the past 2 days getting things done for us. Some vacation LOL....
Have a great evening friends.
Buona Sera!


2 comments:

Diana Davis said...

Nan don't you know it always takes 3 trips to the hardware when doing plumbing? LOL

Diana Davis said...

I can't get anything done with anyone around either, so it's not just you!