a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, June 2, 2013

short one

Beautiful day here today and I was not in the mood to enjoy it. I watched the Fundraiser for the Children's hospital . It made me cry to see all those beautiful children who were so sick and some who had passed away. It reminded me of my Rick and some of the things that happened to him as a baby and young child. You know how boys are, they seem to get into a lot of trouble like falling off house size rocks and ingesting peanuts into the lungs which caused a week long stay in the hospital. He was just 11 months and cried every time I had to leave him. In those days there was no physical contact with sick children and the stay was just an hour. They were  so strict and Rick was behind glass so we could not even touch. IT was awful. Then there was the time when my friend was visiting. Rick crawled under the car while we were talking. When my friend started the car Rick began to cry and we were lucky once again because we were able to get him out from under the car.
Another time he climbed up a huge rock as high as a two story house and fell down. He was amazing at getting into trouble like that . He was such a good little boy but adventuresome and the adventurous side of him never left him. He was always happy doing something that was frightening for me but fun for him. But then boys are like that. I had five boys and they all at varying times and varying degrees had life threatening adventures. It was fun but you can't keep boys in a box.  I love my fun boys despite the scary parts.  My heart is breaking once again.  But I am strong and will manage to overcome.

 

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1800149
And here I go again, not remembering, I think this one is called ,Oh I'll have to look.   Wheel in the Road is what it is called.
This is the type of block I like - a pieced block.

I won't be on here long  tonight as my mind is a blank. But here is what we did today. Went to get a prescription, , had a coffee and then came home. I am not great today



My sons Richard, Peter and James will be walking, Rick will be rolling in his wheelchair of course ;)  for ALS . They are accepting funds for this disease. Ray and I both contributed and so have my boys.  I hope it will be successful for them. 

Here is the link if you are interested. You can see the donations. Interesting.
http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1800149

Another  Hexagon  block.



I am not in a great space tonight so I'll sign off for now.
Have a good evening.
Good night.









No comments: