a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Long and wonderful day

It was a wonderful day with good friends and good food. What could be better. Sharon picked me up and we drove on to the church to our first gig at stitching for the day. Some ladies were stitching chicks , others flowers and leaves and still more were doing hearts. That was me, more hearts , red ones. I need to take a picture of my lovely red hearts. I have no idea what to do with them, no that is not quite right I have the glimmer of an idea but still not ready to show it. Still thinking of how it will all work out.
Betty made these two tops.
Lovely bear paw blocks in this top.
Betty said this is like ocean waves.
We took pictures , sewed , and then were about to eat lunch, At least I was, when Betty, Joan and Sharon C. Were going out the door and asking if I was ready to go. Go where I asked . To Pot Luck at Pumpkin Seeds at Mary Alice's. Watch me scramble LOL.
Joan drove me over and we had a bit of a quilt show before eating or was it after eating, can't quite remember I was so excited haha.


Whoops a bit of light got in.This is a lovely quilt made of Christmas fabrics .
And a couple of baby quilts were the end of the show. 
Love the duckies. I think I heard someone say that these blocks were donations.

And here is Mary Alice's beautiful bag for her non existance I Pod. So her husband was supposed to buy her an I Pod but she went to see Lynn at her hospital and she came home without her beautiful bag.  It was a class at Bernina because she bought a new machine. I forgot to even ask which one it was but it had a larger harp space than her others.
It has tiny beads on that white strip at all the stars.

It was great to see all the Seeders, such great ladies and dedicated sewers. I asked for some more blocks to sew and Yoshiko got some for me. It gives me work to do since I don't want to make quilts any more except for the one I want to make for Rose. And I had better get started on that. Here's an idea for you... What if some bright person started a business that offered precut background fabrics for quilters. I guess you could say precut 10 inch squares could qualify but so far I have not seen backgound fabric in a precut. I'll check my catalogue for Keepsake and see if they have caught up with me yet LOL.
We began the pot luck lunch and of course it was delicious, lots of wonderful savouries and the same for desserts. What can I say but I loved the food. 
After a lovely afternoon we went to Betty's for a cup of tea, Joan, Sharon C.  Juliet and me. Ann, Betty's wonderful daughter was there too. She is so creative and clever. 
And I left my navy blue cardigan somewhere. I called Betty and Mary Alice but it wasn't  there.
Ray came and picked me up and  when we got home I had a nap.


Dogs are so caring, they love to help out those who are less able that themselves.

Does this one make you dizzy? It does me.

Aren't these porcupine  babies adorable, no needles that work when they are so young. I think!

I told you to stay out of the mud, now look at you!

On that note I think I'll finish off for tonight.
Have a great evening.
Good night.
And don't forget to floss!!

















1 comment:

Linda said...

Are you sure thats a porcupine? My ganddaughter has a hedgehog and looks lIke that critter! I was told that porcupines only have quills on their backsides. How are you guys doing? Im hanging in! Going on an Alakan cruise in August. Last stop is Victoria this time.