a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, June 14, 2013

more things

http://www.claudiasquiltshoppe.com/freebom.htm

A whole list of free patterns delineated by the month. But lots of months are now available.

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/mila201065/post268150711/
Lots of paper pieced animals for youngsters. Looks like fun for grandmas.

a patriotic twister, here is the layout
http://www.thequiltedpineapple.com/2012/07/old-glory-itty-bitty-pinwheel-quilt.html
For the upcoming 4th of July a patriotic red, white and blue Twister. And I haven't found anything in red and white for Canada's birthday July 1st. I'll keep on looking

.http://j.mp/11APa0O  I hope this is the right pattern for this lovely purse.




http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---gingham-style-knotted-zipper-pencil-pouch-by-kate.htm


It is called a pencil pouch but I wonder if it will hold a tiny applique iron. It is a nice little pouch and could be made to do double duty with a bit of creative additions.

So today I had an appointment with the doctor who removed my bladder. It was interesting as he told me some thing I was not aware of durong my long stay in hospital in 2011. He told me that they almost lost me several times. During the surgery or during the recurring infections , I am not certain what. I was too surprised to ask him any questions. But as you can see I have survived very well.
Then we went and had some Chinese food. We order one plate and both eat from it. Then we went to our little mall to buy some stamps. After we went inside the mall and saw Marg there. We didn't stay for long though. When we got h ome I had a nap. Old age is a time when you seem to get so tired in the afternoon. I do like the naps but wished it didn't waste so much time.

I am praying for my dear Daughter in Law who lost her father two days ago. My deepest sympathies to you Lisa and to my son who lost his father in law. 
Also I pray for those in Colorado who are beset with fire. I have and internet friend who lives there and I am praying for Susan to escape the terror of this tragic fire. It is a horror to see. And to be close to this fire must leave the people in absolute terror.

I do so much praying lately. Rick is always on my list to receive prayers. So too my other family members.

The eagle soars alone and high , spreads his wings and floats on the winds. Is there anything that could be as marvellous as that? It has so much freedom. 
Quote:     Jens Voigt   The crows come in crowds , the eagle soars alone. Unquote.

Three seems to be a bit of a crowd! LOL.

I love this lady's attitude. But then I love ladies with attitude.

Little ladies at the sewing machine. Frankly I can hardly see the details because my eyes are very bad tonight and all day for that matter. They are constantly blurred so I am having to cut short my blog tonight and give them a rest.
Have a lovely evening folks, it is sure lovely here.
Good evening.







No comments: