a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, June 23, 2013

favourite site

http://grandmotherschoice.blogspot.ca/2013/06/43-gentlemans-fancy-dropping-from-clouds.html

Here it is again, Grandmother's choice with blocks and history. Great place to rest for a while.
Gentleman's Fancy Square in a Square in a Square and then you are on your own LOL.
I enjoy reading this site with the elements of history, women's history is important.  Look for the newspaper ads on runaway slaves. 

I have been in bed all day again with  spells of dizziness.  It is awful, I am even dizzy when lying  in bed, how does that work. It is nearly 7:00 in the evening now and finally I feel normal. I have wasted my day today . That is so bad!
So of course we did nothing. Ray took care of me, helping me walk to the other room. But then he was putting some toilet paper away in the cupboard , he had to bend down and his back cracked right across . It was really painful so he was out of it for the afternoon. He is feeling better now. It makes one wonder about age and how it affects a person in may ways. But still It is good to be healthy for most of the time. No complaining about things. It doesn't help anything. And even young people can have odd things like Ray's back happen to them.  I think of my Richard and how young he is to be so afflicted.
We have been watching the devastation in Calgary and now that some of the waters have receded the utter mess of mud and silt on the lower floors of their homes. Electricity is a major problem as water and electricity do not mix. In the downtown it has been turned off. One man was told the reparations to his house would cost him $250,000. My heart bleeds for them. I will send some money to the Red Cross after I find out if it goes directly to the people. I recall once when I sent some $$$ to another good cause that they had a section where it asked where you wanted the money to go . I always say to the people.
Pictures of the flood.
Deer are not to worried about water, they don't have   houses. And they can swim too. These ones seem to be happy enough and calm enough too.

Did I tell you that my grandson Ryan, Matthew and Caroline's son , was accepted into the doctorate programme at UBC. He will become a Doctor of Pharmacy. 
What a handsome boy Ryan is. And clever too.
I hope I didn't tell you that before.  Since I write this blog every day I sometime wonder if I say things twice and therefore exhibit another sign of age LOL.

Catmania on the quilt network these days or maybe catasrophe.  Nah! This is a lovely quilt and love that cross hatching.
Sawtooth cats,  a bit more complicated to make with all those points.
i'm sure you all have versions of your own cat quilts , these two are nice so I shared them.
That's it for me folks.

Have a great evening.
Good night.
A bit late or a lot early, take your pick.













No comments: