a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Thursday, June 13, 2013

pot pourri




http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-pattern---hanging-fabric-basket-by-jennifer.htm
Useful little item. For what I am not quite sure but it looks useful :))

Take a look at this week's most popular free quilting patterns by independent designers and find your next project! Click:http://j.mp/19s4Uw0
Striking quilt in three colours or isit four. I think  I see a bit of grey there as well as red black and white. I cannot tell what the block is though  so click on the url above. Happy sewing!. 

No picture of this pair of socks but I think if you click you will find the pattern. I love these self striping yarns and have made quite a few pair of socks for friends and for myself.

It was a do nothing day today, I needed that after a busy Tuesday and Wednesday. We just went out this morning around noon and thought we would respond to an advertisement from Little Caesar's Pizza and order a lunch pizza. So we ordered a medium classic pizza at the counter and took it home to eat. We have never done that before. It was not a very good pizza and we won't do that again. I wonder why eating places don't offer good product even for a better price if necessary. All they do is lose customers forever.
Looks good  but not so good. 
When we came home I had to lay down and Ray went out again. I caught up on lost sleep and feel fine now. It is necessary for me to get the right amount of sleep or I am a zombie. I recall when I was young I could get by on the smallest amount of sleep and still carry on but not any more. 
So I read for a while and then slept a while. I always read first before I sleep. It does something to my brain, relaxes it I guess. I have always loved to read and during the day there isn't a lot of time unless I nap so I get caught up then .Marg brought me over some, I have one from Sharon and a couple I bought as well as one on my e reader. I like to have lots of back up LOL.
Remember when I mentioned that there were 6 star blocks to do for guild and that I handed them in last night. Here they are.
Pretty batiks on these blocks.
It was fun to make them and I asked if there were more to do for the summer. The answer was no. Too bad, it was a small task I felt comfortable doing. Maybe I'll just set up some blocks of my own for Community Quilts or Pumpkin Seeds as it is now called.

What a lovely block this one is and such neat fabrics. It is a bit more work than other Dresden Plates with the curved centre and the pointed quarter  bits.

Such a nice little getaway for those who want to get away from it all for a bit of time. Or is it somebody's year round log cabin home. Whatever it is it looks lovely and takes one back to an earlier simpler era.What an adorable dog, smiling and wanting to hug you. What could be better?

Rose and her two little friends and they each have their own chair. 

And here she is riding her pony, Miss Charlotte herself!!  Beautiful pictures.

More family, and they are all alike too!! LOL.
I love this photo.


We did not have a sewing machine in my childhood home. But we did have knitting needles and mom taught me how to knit and embroidery.

So that is it for tonight!
Have a wonderful evening folks.
Good night!














































2 comments:

Jean said...

Hi Nan, was Tom able to resurrect your embroidery patterns on your laptop ? Jean

nanboudreau said...

We have not gone over to Surrey yet Jean. I must call and make an appointment.
Love
Nan