a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, June 7, 2013

still no news

Still no laptop so back to the past LOL. The PC is still in the works tonight. And I have not looked at any of my sources for the good things in life. I'll do that now.

The mouse is so erratic that I may have to stop at any given moment. I cannot get it to pick up things , it just wants to write right now.
 We went to London Drugs to see how the laptop was doing and it was uploading thousands of updates. I am not sure why but it should be in great shape when this is all over. Ray asked how much this was going to cost, thankfully he did as I was sure it would be the cost of a new laptop and expressed this to the boss . He said if it would have been that much they would have called and informed me of my options. So the cost according to him will be around $160. That fits in with  my ideas on cost.

We went to the SAS shoe store and I bought some summer shoes for wearing with light coloured pants or maybe even a skirt. That would be a great change as I have not worn a skirt for decades. We'll see how that works out. The store is very nice and so are the staff . They have popcorn, coffee, cookies and candies for the customers. That is so accomodating for customers. It makes for a good shopping experience.

Then we went for a bite of lunch, . We bought a sandwich, cut it in half and shared it. We had a coffee, shared a doughnut and had a nice lunch , not too expensive that way.

After that we went to LD as I mentioned further up in this blog.



This adorable snowman mug rug was made by Sarah Lynn who does such amazing quilts.
You can see her work here! I like the way she does her mug rug along with a coordinating actual mug. It is so clever.

I think this knot block repeated would make an excellent border. What do you think?
http://www.mccallsquilting.com/patterns/details.html?idx=13782
The knot block is a great Celtic beginning.
 
 
Charmed Table Runner Pattern


 
Aren't these pretty table runners. I love the snowball one in blues and greens but the other two are lovely as well.
 
Friends found everywhere. These kittens are off for a good ride if the dog ever gets up LOL.
 
This looks like the old Album Block to me.
 
And this quilt is small Dresden Plate blocks, it looks so special. A flower garden on fabric.
 
LOL
 
And this is me for the past week or more. I kept the Kleenex company in funds. Have you noticed how thin the kleenex is these days , you need to use at least two of them to have a safe blow.
 
Phineas waiting for the end. He is so happy from the looks of it. I hope somebody rescues him.
 
Time to go folks, Hopefully the laptop arrives at my door tomorrow.
Have a lovely evening.
Good night!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 




 
 
 
 
 

No comments: