a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

a visit

We had our lunch visit with Bob and Buzz and visited with them for two hours, It was great. I certainly enjoy the chance to get together and chat about what is going on in their lives and ours. They are going to  Hawaii I think. We aren't. I would love to go to Hawaii but since I have been ill and never know when that illness will fall on me we are not comfortable going to the States . Mostly because I don't think my insurance will pay if I get sick.  I should have gone before all this happened. So I say to you do what you want to do while you still can. You never know what will happen to you. Buzz told me that I could use my Air Miles to buy a Kindle or a Kobo that is back lit and easier to read. I need to check it out.

I forgot my camera today so I'll use an older version of pictures of them.


After lunch Ray and I walked about half the top floor of the mall. It was a good walk for me. We did not shop even though I saw a nice yellow purse I would like for spring.And it had a matching wallet too. Very nice!!
On the return walk we stopped and shared a Dairy Queen sundae.
It was strawberry and so delicious.

We did not make any other stops and came right home. Both of us took a nap but Rick called in the middle of my nap and we had a chat and a greeting with Jim who was with him. It was good to hear from both of them. Jim is still renovating the bathroom for Rick as he is  widening  the door for Rick to get into the bathroom with ease. Jim is a good brother. Ray and I will go to Calgary when spring comes. We do not have snow tires on our car so it has to be spring and pray that it does not snow then.

I did  not do any sewing or  embroidery today, hopefully tomorrow after our morning visit to the eye doctor whom we saw in the mall today. 

This block is a Dear Jane block I made when I belonged to a Dear Jane group. It is called Mary Ruth's corset. I really liked this one and its name.
I could not recall the whole name but through the wonder of the internet and putting in Ruth's Corset, Dear Jane block The whole name came up. Amazing!!

Another thing I really like is a pieced ironing board cover. Isn't this one pretty. Not mine unfortunately. I have seen a number of these and always enjoy looking at them. See how the end where the iron is is a checkerboard and then the rest of the cover is strips.  Nice.

 MMM orange cupcakes.  Delicious!

I have always liked this quilt block but have not made one.   I wonder what it is named, then maybe I could find the pattern.
I entered Stretched Nine Patch into my browser and behold it came up. I am thrilled. I also found the pattern to make it but lost it so now I plan to go back and get it.
Click on Moore About Nancy and you will find out how to make it.
It uses melons to get the curve. Fascinating. 

Hexagons are still knocking around LOL.

This is so true. Members of a family can have an out but usually get it all sorted out and become a family again. Love conquers all.

That is it folks.
Have a great evening.
Good night.















No comments: