a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Foxy Loxy

http://bit.ly/1fYGnyQ

I continue to struggle with my embroidery machine and its sticks. I think I need to format my stick in the machine but have tried ti and nothing is working. Also I was under the impression the stick needed to be formatted in the computer but Tom says no.  
If Mary comes over in the near future  I'll ask her for help or maybe Meaghan knows what to do. I am very frustrated with it all.

Kathy took me to the movie today. We saw 12 Years a Slave. It was very thought provoking and beautifully done. This story was of a black man who was free but was captured in Washington and sold into slavery down south in Louisiana.Of course there was the usual cruelty towards the slaves. But  the story itself was more than that, it was of a man who tried to get out of  slavery and find his way back to his free life up north and to find his family again. In between freedom and freedom is the story of slavery and cruelty, love and hate, wealth and poverty, and a bit part with Brad Pitt who is pivotal in getting the man back to his old life and to his family. Pitt took his story to friends in the North precipitating his release, where he began working for abolition successfully.  I liked the movie, it was absorbing, the filming was beautiful and worth watching fir that alone. I was very interested because of the bayous , the live oaks and the Spanish moss that I had seen when I was in Louisiana.  I love films of places that I recognize.  I would watch it again if Ray wanted to go. He said maybe.
Solomon before the abduction being wooed and set up with wine.



That was my day   except for when I came home and made deviled eggs for sandwiches. I added some shrimp to the mix and it tasted great.Then I made the sandwich for me. Ray did not want anything at that time.
Naughty kitty. I thought the cats
 just lay around and napped when his mom was at work. Guess not.

Sent to the dog house,  this one is funny .

 Hmm that would be me.

Add your own twist to this functional coaster pattern! Free to download! Click >> http://bit.ly/1fYGk68

Nice little coasters to save your tables from water marks.


Western style quilt. Boots and saddles LOL.

So that is all for tonight folks.
Have a great evening. 
It is cold here and that is unusual.

Good night.




















No comments: