a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, February 7, 2014

star pattern


http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/free-tutorial---star-block-by-sarah-of-anyone-can-quilt.htm

Pretty in pink, this is a lovely pattern of a star design.  It uses a variety of pink fabrics to make this block.

Today was a slow day for me. Ray and I went and picked up the new grey pants I ordered.   We were at the Crossings which is a mall on two sides of the highway. We had to go to the left side when heading east. Nygard's is on that side and they have nice clothing. I found a lovely pair of grey pants but that was all I could find. Strange! Maybe another day. The clerk said new stuff was coming in next week. 
We then went across the road to the right side and stopped at Tim's for coffee. We each had a coffee and shared a doughnut, a maple cream.   Soooo good.

Nothing exciting happened today. We came home and I had a nap. See I said it was not exciting!

I made macaroni and tomatoes for dinner. That is a depression dinner but we love it. I remember times when that was all we had for supper. I served it to my own kids too. It is still going on for us.

Olympics began today. I was still in bed when it began so missed the opening ceremonies.  Oh well I am sure it will be shown again. Many times!

I did not get back to my embroidery today. Saturday too is not always a good day for me to sew. But Sunday generally works.


My precious Charlotte. Her mom says mornings are not her best time of day. I totally get that. I too am not good about mornings. My dad used to get really ticked with me as all the rest of the family were morning people. I was the lone one out.

  Frustration is over with full bobbins.  I use prewounds for my embroidery machine. But if sewing I fill up a few bobbins  before I start so I won't be frustrated. However if one runs out I am very annoyed LOL.

 Two cats. One outside. One inside. I hope it isn't too cold out there. The inside cat does not care about the outside cat.  Lesson :  There is no friend like a cold friend. 

This is a good idea.  Place a small block inside a cardboard frame. Looks nice doesn't it.

And LOVE again, this one is very pretty. There will be a lot of these showing up until the 14th.

Oh my I went off the blog and forgot about it. So this is the closing for tonight.
Have a great evening.
Good night.




















No comments: