a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 2, 2014

BOM

http://thequiltedsnail.com/bom2013-14.html

BOMs for December, January and February. 


Valentine's Table Runner 
  http://dogwoodlanerambles.blogspot.ca/2014/01/valentine-table-runner.html


Instructions above in the site shown. It takes a bit of finding but if I can find them so can you LOL.  I love this block. 2 inch squares ladies.And gents if there are any.

I wasted my day today , got nothing done. First I wanted to do some embroidery but first needed to transfer to the other computer to print out the colour sheet. Well the transfer would not work . It used to but not now and the design was not that big. So I fiddled around with that for a while. When I put the stick into the embroidery machine the design did not come up. Oh my how depressing. I will take my machine and stick to Tom. He told me that it would format in the machine and I would not need to format in the computer. Oh well whatever I'll try it again tomorrow.  Maybe.
So I gave up......... for today.

I did do a bit of laundry and those machines worked just fine LOL. Wouldn't you know it.

I spent the rest of the day on my computer looking for items to put up on my blog.  That worked okay but is time consuming. I have to make sure it will work on my blog.

Today is the big football  game. We are watching of course. I called Rick and he said he had 15 friends there for the game. I can imagine the noise in his apartment.  Rick has a loud voice and  I am sure his friends will compete. However we are happy about Seattle's game. Seattle is like a sister city to us Vancouverites.


We just don't have the food!






Groundhog day February 2. Is winter close to the end? I am sure many hope that is so.

We did go out for a bit up to our little local mall. We did a tiny bit of shopping and I bought some pastrami for a sandwich on rye bread. I love that.

Sad news about Phillip Seymour Hoffman demise today. He was a great actor. RIP Seymour.

Chinese New Year started today . It is the Year of the Horse. Big celebrations down in Chinatown. 




Hexagons once again. Lots of lovely ones these days.

Another of the series of Hexagons, lovely red and white with embroidery in the centre hexagon.

This one is so nice, the dragonfly situated in the centre of each hexagon is beautiful.


Aah this one is is lovely but then I do like hearts a lot.

A bit of advice  , save your spare triangles , you never know when you might need some in a scrappy quilt. These are very pretty but I don't know where you could get these. I guess  You can cut some from your stash. Of course you can.
Seattle won , a huge win for them. Congratulations Seattle.

Here we have a lovely blue and white block.

And we have an adorable picture here if a little girl doing her household duty -sewing! Good for her.

That is it folks.
Have a lovely evening.

Good night.






















2 comments:

Connie said...

Hi, I'm happy to meet you. I was out blog hopping and looking for other quilters. I love your hexagons . . . I am a beginner quilter. I started quilting last fall and I can truly say that I am addicted. After watching Fons and Porter a couple of weeks ago and discovering how to make hexagons, well, they are my new TV watching lap project. I'm your newest fan and would love to have you as a mutual follower.
Have a great day . . .
Go Sea Hawks!
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

nanboudreau said...

Glad to hear from you Connie. And happy that you are enjoying my blogs.
Keep in touch!

hugs
Nan