a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, February 3, 2014

violets

February is violets. 

:http://www.victorianaquiltdesigns.com/Newsletter/February2014Update.htm‪#‎quilting‬ ‪#‎sre‬ ‪#‎embroidery‬ ‪#‎appliqué‬

Celebrate every month you have.

Lisa and Adam called this morning to see if we are available to celebrate Adam's birthday and mine on the 18th of March. They will be coming up here. Adam is 60 March 6th. Isn't it something when your child is 60.  Still my baby!
We will be going over to Victoria and to the Empress Hotel. I'll take pictures LOL. Of course I will. 

 http://www.quiltandsewshop.com/category/s?keyword=100+blocks+volume+6

Many items of hearts and love this month. Use your heart fabrics for this block. I have a collection of them. As you know I love hearts. Hmm I think I said that yesterday.

I have a new member. Welcome Connie and thanks for joining us.
 It was a nice day for us today. Our first stop was lunch at ABC, grilled cheese sandwich for me and BLT for Ray. Then we stopped off at Brentwood and walked around for a bit of exercise. It was a marvelous day, the sun was out and the mountains were standing clear against the backdrop of the sky. It was one of my favourite kind of days. Only God can create such beauty and I am grateful for it. We live in such a wonderful world.

Bottom to top, park, city, mountain and sky.

This from my friend Jamie and I thought it might be of interest to you all. Mighty useful I say.

I am so frustrated with my embroidery machine. I tried to embroidery today. The machine and the stick would not cooperate with each other and I could get nowhere with either one of them. I will have to go to Tom's. But tomorrow is not a good day, Tuesday applique, Wednesday movie so it will have to be Thursday.

Monkey Wrench of Churn Dash are two of the names for this block. It looks simple and with the band around the block it is elegant. Makes for a nice quilt.

Master Slave dichotomy, big small dichotomy. I love it!

Wow I wish I had this amount of energy. 

I can relate to this.

This cat amused me. Or could it be supper bowl LOL.

Lots of leaves looks like Fall all over the place. I like it a bit more ordered than this quilt.

Time is up folks. I have no more to say tonight.
Have a great evening.

Good night.
































No comments: