a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, February 16, 2014

diamonds in the sky

http://bit.ly/1cLp4yt 




Such a gorgeous block, isn't it difficult folks?  It sure looks 

that way.  Cutting all those diamonds would take me forever.

I cut one block up yesterday and sewed it up today. It was 

not very good so I may have to do it again.

It is been so long since I cut and sewed a block . 

Try again....




I love these ladies and the guy.  He should start running if he doesn't want to get caught up in quilting threads.  The quilting cartoons are very amusing to me. I hope you like them too.

Ray and I went with Matthew and Caroline to a Steveston tea house  Annabelle's for little sandwiches  , little cakes, scones with clotted cream and preserves. I call it jam LOL.....  My friend Sharon recommended the restaurant to us at sewing . Good recommendation.  We had a nice time and a lovely visit.

Sweet teapot isn't it.  Inside was a strainer the held the tea leaves and the water was poured through that strainer so no leaves were in the tea. Clever idea I thought. I thought I took more photos but they were not on my camera. That happens sometimes and I should  take lots of photos but I get involved in the company and forget about it.
 After tea and sandwiches Matthew took us for a drive around Steveston to show us how much it had changed. Huge amount of construction has happened since we were there last.

After the drive we came home and I did that disastrous sewing  I cooked a pork tenderloin for dinner.  I made some Lipton noodles too, a new thing for for me. but it was good. I don't really need to buy a package of noodles, I have them here. It is way too expensive for a small amount of noodles.
The elevator is still not working and though we climbed the stairs today it was really  hard for me and I don't plan to go out tomorrow. Hopefully it gets fixed tomorrow.  Or Tuesday so I don't miss my sewing day.

And that was the day. I am resting now and watching TV.


Sweet dogs, I think they are rescue dogs or maybe rescued dogs Not sure which.

Isn't this a strange patch on a cat?
I wonder how that happens. 

This looks like an easy way to piece a table runner, squares and rectangles. It looks fairly wide with those four patches and the rectangles around them and that makes a big square. Go for it.

A beautiful swallow feeding its babies. We used to have swallow that nested down in the entrance to the garage . But they have gone and we don't even see the birds around any more.

I love this beautiful bag, the colours are gorgeous. My internet friend JoAnn made it. Great job JoAnn you are a master.

This is the end for me tonight. 
Have a great evening folks.

Good night.

















No comments: