a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, February 28, 2011

I lost it

I thought I had started the blog this morning but here I am and there is nothing on it, and now I need to recall the whole day :( Not an easy task.
Restaurants in Vancouver are closing, things are very hard for them, first the recession dealt them a nasty blow and then the government added an extra 7 % tax on top ot the 6% tax on all meals. The third thing is the new laws regarding the amount of alcohol people could have in their system so people just stopped eating out. 
And the Oscars as usual a glittering affair. I was so happy that Colin Firth won the Oscar for Best Actor. As I said in a previous blog  I loved the movie and the historical story it was built on.  I just wondered why Jeffrey Rush was not recognized or was he? I can't find that information. I thought he was also wonerful in the King's Speech.     Is this Colin as Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice? So romantic looking isn't he?  He kind of reminds me of Chopin...why I am not sure , maybe the same time frame.
My musings for the day now to my actual life. Adam says he put more old family photos up on Photo Bucket so I plan to goo looking after This blog is done. That will be fun.
Jim left Edmonton this morning before 9:00 Alberta time. I haven't talked to him today but he did say he would be staying in Kamloops over night, he usually calls me when he stops for the night. I worry about him driving in the winter when the roads are so bad. So I spent my day praying for him or thinking about him and fretting.
However I did not spend the day sitting down and worrying, I can do that standing up LOL. We took some books back to the library, Marg lent me one and I finished it already. It was an Erica Spindler novel called Blood Vines and took place in the wine industry of the Sonoma Valley California. It was a great mystery and was full of information on wine making and the great caves that are used in that industry. So not only a wonderful story but very informative too. The best kind of novel!!!!
We had to go to Rona, the Canadian counterpart for Home Depot, for some parts for the toilet as it is running and while I was there I picked up a can of Scotch Guard so I can spray it on my next mug rug. That cute little one I made with the Santa Kitty has coffee stains on it and I don't want any more to have that problem.
We went up to the mall for our walk and I am getting better at it and can go longer each time.
When we got home I started to look for a redwork design for my label on Emilie's quilt, but there are so few designs on this laptop, they are all on the PC upstairs that I have not even touched since the beginning of January. I am getting frustrated  at not being able to access my designs. Actually I am just hoping they are on that new computer and that I can open them. But Jim will get it set up downstairs and show me how to get to the designs.
Jim called and he is in Hope, he said it was evil on the roads, the worst he had ever seen and he has been driving in winter weather for a long time. But Hope and a stopover at Rick's -he should be here in three hours. I will be relieved.
So have  a great evening all.
Good night!





1 comment:

Diana Davis said...

Have been praying for your son's safe travels, Nan!
Bringing your other computer downstairs makes sense to me. Is it that you cannot make it up there to it?
Sorry to hear of your area businesses closing. I guess it is not just us down here having financial problems. And we don't eat out anywhere near as often as we used to, as we just don't have the money for it anymore.
I am so glad to hear you are doing better! Keep up that walking!