a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, October 22, 2016

shop

Saturday and  shopping for the weekly groceries whenever I get dressed.
Well I did get dressed and we did go shopping. We bought nothing special and did not even go to TIM'S for lunch as we usually do. We came home and had lunch here. But that was too far back and I can't remember what I had. Supper was simple salad, beans and that was it. But it was good. I bought some feta at the grocery store and added that to my salad. I love feta in my salad. Now I am full and happy. Oh and I had a couple of cookies for dessert.

Jim called today and said he would be down from Edmonton in about three weeks.   I am looking forward to seeing him, it has been a long time since we saw each other. The older one gets the more difficult it is to get together. Ray does not want to drive to Edmonton or Calgary any more. And my sons are not as young as they were either, I had them all in my twenties and now I am in my eighties.  So they are either coming into their sixties or are already there. Travelling gets more difficult for all of us.

Today was wet and windy and we pretty well stayed home.Except for grocery shopping. That was our big outing.

Now it is evening and we are just vegging out and watching football B.C. Lions and Edmonton. We are ahead at the moment but not by much so it is a close game.I want to get back to my sewing but I have no initiative right now. I wonder when my energy will come back. If ever. I have to get this quilt done for Eve in Quebec, Nancy asked me to make one for her as I did for the other children. The top is done and I think I will call Lauren and make arrangements to have her quilt it on her long arm. I'll do that soon.

And that is it for tonight folks. Have a great evening.




No comments: