a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, March 1, 2014

another hexagon

http://vintageembellishments.com/


If you have been saving these wonderful hexagons here is the latest in various greens. Beautiful again.





pat sloan charm pack and dot scrappy2
I hear you on the scraps
And you've proved it by showing them to me at my Quilt Along group!
If you missed my Scrap Happy Shoofly sew along.. the post link is on my FREE quilt pattern page. CthiLICK HERE



This is nice, simple yet effective. Black on white background fabric and various scrap pieces for the half square triangles.


 

Twice should be good enough. There are patterns for other months and they are all the same format of one quarter of the block repeated 3 more times. Lovely blocks.


Triple Irish Chain with shamrocks in the spaces. Can you make this one in time for March 17?   Hah!

As mom says Coming in on Runway Three and Charlotte agrees!

It is all downhill from here, Spring is coming despite these  awful snow storms.





Isn't this gorgeous and the pattern is above the picture. 

Stayed in today since there is no elevator. Ray went out for a few groceries and that was the extent of our goings out today.  I spent most of the day frivously laptopping.. But at the end of the day I did some sewing for the guild. I want to get those blocks done before the second Wednesday in March. I got half of them done so Should be able to finish off the package by then. It was good to use my sewing machine . I am happy with my day's work

Then I cooked dinner,pork chops in mushroom soup at Ray request, he like that and so do I. Ray made a wonderful cole slaw. I had a baked potato  and we finished it off with tiny peas. Delicious!! Must cook more often LOL. 

I was going to clean my embroidery machine , change the needle and bobbin but after all the food I am resting .......Tomorrow, as we won't be going out.

That's all for tonight folks.

Have a wonderful evening.
Good night.
























No comments: