a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 24, 2014

pretty baby quilt

Pretty little  quilt for a baby.
from Riley Blake Designs!
http://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/blog/2012/06/20/project-design-team-wednesdayraggedy-scallop-baby-/

The quilt has many scallops but it is a tutorial so that may make it easier. I hope so.

So to tell a tale, Adam and Lisa took Ray and me to Victoria for a celebration . We stayed in the Empress hotel. It was fabulous, wonderful service. First on the floor just down below ours there was a lounge that served food that was free with your room. They also served breakfast in there.  It overlooked the harbour with a full compliment of sailboats. It made me think of Richard and his love for sailing. I have  picture of him and Kate in this marina.

View #1 of the  inner harbour.

View #2 of the parliament buildings and a part of the inner harbour and the walkway around the harbour.  I took these photos from the lounge.


During the day we toured Victoria to see the sights . We drove along  the famous Dallas Road which  takes us along the waterfront. When my boys were young their dad used to take them fishing on the breakwater off Dallas Road. We drove along the waterfront to the Uplands where the house got bigger and the lots more spacious. It clearly showed that richer people lived there. We used to do that drive too when the boys were young. I always  loved it. Victoria is a wonderful city to live in and as we drove around yesterday I saw once again the beautiful attraction of the capital city.  No wonder my boys want to return to the city where they were born.

We had dinner in the dining at the Empress. It was just as you would imagine a perfect dinner service to be.  Ray and I had ling cod, Lisa had halibut and Adam had a rare steak. 
Dessert was Creme Brulee for me , I am not sure if the others had dessert but I was missing nothing. I even had a Caesar to drink along with my usual after dinner. Our waiter was Earl and he was wonderful too. Only one mishap, Adam's steak came well done and her had to send it back.. He said that should not have happened and he is right about that, But as he wanted his steak rare is did not take long to correct.

Ray at dinner. Doesn't he look great.
Isn't Lisa looking beautiful and happy.
Silver service!!!



Adam at the head of the table. Very patriarchal looking isn't he.

Earl our waiter at the Empress. Fun guy!

We sat at the table for 2 hours, eating, drinking and chatting. It was a memorable evening.
Adam said the trip was for my birthday which is coming up.
My deepest thank you to Lisa and Adam for giving us such a wonderful time. We surely enjoyed it. It was one to remember.

Then we had the ferry trip back to Vancouver. I like taking the ferry so that became another great event for me. Not everyone likes that ride but I do.

I did not take many pictures I enjoyed all the sights but did not photograph them. Next time I go to Victoria I'll take more pictures. I was engrossed in the hotel and forgot about the surroundings. I used to work at this hotel in the early 1960s  so it was enjoyable to see the hotel from the other side of the coin.  Once again Adam and Lisa many thanks for a wonderful time.

Today Ray and I went to Cockney Kings for a  lunch of fish and chips. then we went to the ostomy clinic and made an appointment for Friday to check me out.

We came home after that, Ray went for bread and I stayed home.

So that was our day. I need to cut on strip of fabric for a stem. It has to be on the bias. I'll check that out with Pat tomorrow.

Best Friends looking for a forever home.

Best friends again but different and they have a home.


Cat on fabric, nothing new about that. Cats love fabric.

Texas Star what a design to get right. This is amazing.

That's all folks.

Have a great evening

Good night.







No comments: