a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, March 16, 2014

celebration

A celebration of St. Patrick's Day going on today in Vancouver. Big parades and lots of pipe bands. Plenty of Irish green. Here is some of the green.

St. Patrick's day pipe band in Quebec City.

Silly specs for a parade.



Ray is sleeping in the chair beside me. He does so much around here and gets tired. He is no longer young, neither am I but I had a nap earlier.  Now it is his turn.

I cleaned the sink in the bathroom. Why bother to clean the sink are when it is perfectly clean?  Ray wanted it done and asked me to do it so I did.  Both of us wipe the sink down after each use of the tap so it gets cleaned all the time LOL.

We just went to Safeway today , bought Chinese food from the deli for our dinner.   And picked up a prescription from the pharmacy. We sat at Starbucks where I had a coffee. Ray just had a sip or two of mine. 

We did nothing else . I did not sew , we just watched TV. I need to make a list of the things I want to do. I used to do that before I was sick in the hospital but got out of the habit.  Maybe I should buy a nice little notebook and make a nice cover for it.  My friend Gail in Phoenix Arizona had a delightful little cover for her notebook. I coveted it but did nothing about making one of my own. However I did find a page that showed a tutorial for making a cover. I may take the dimensions cited there and start one.  That is if I can find it again LOL.  But it will be fun looking for it.



This quilt is looking for a border according to the quilter. Lots of blocks in this one.

This guy makes me laugh. And of course the text is so funny.

How would you like this floor in your entrance? I have to assume that the tiles are actual tiles,  custom made. See there are still two spaces left for new tiles.


This one made me laugh out loud and still does LOL.  See if you can keep yourself from laughing.

Such beauties, red headed woodpeckers looking for a place to nest and it appears that they have found one.

I wonder if these guys are allowed to lie on the bed, and worse on the quilt LOL.


Cats do the darndest  things. Now how did this one get caught up in the venetians?


French Bulldog. I think that this dog is paralyzed in the rear quarters and has to have a cart.

So that is all for tonight folks.

Have a lovely evening.

Good night.

















No comments: