a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 17, 2014

fans,fans and more fans

http://seven-stitches.blogspot.com/2010/11/grandmothers-fan-tutorial.html 






http://notesofsincerity.blogspot.ca/2012/06/granny-square-tutorial-my-very-first.html?m=1




here is a simple mathematical method to make this block with the center diagonal strip.  I don’t remember what we call it,  but we got the fabric to make it
http://www.squashhousequilts.com/2014/01/scrap-block-tutorial.html


I don't really feel like writing a blog tonight.  Some nights I am just plain lazy. 

However here I go.   We planned on staying in today but it was not to be. Ray has a visit with the X Ray clinic for his shoulder tomorrow and they called him this afternoon to say he needed a requisition for tomorrow. So we had to go to Holy Family hospital to get one. It was no problem but took time so we were out for a while at the hospital. Then we decided to go to coffee at Tim's. I had a Cafe Mocha and a doughnut. Ray had a coffee and a doughnut. It was all very good.
Then we came home , I had a nap.

Ray made dinner baked potato and sausages. I love that dinner and ate it all up.

After dinner I played with my laptop .  Still am LOL.
There is a measles outbreak in Abbotsford . I was worried about Charlotte but Meaghan assured me that all her vaccines were up to date.  I should have know Meg would take care of things without my help.  
I had the measles when I was about nine and had to stay in my room in the dark without any light and was not allowed to read anything to protect my eyes from blindness. That took 2 weeks what a bore. I did a bit of reading with very poor light and fortunately did not go blind.  LOL.
That was the treatment in those days, the early 1940s.

Tomorrow will be a very busy day. I go to sewing in the morning, Ray and I go to X Ray in the afternoon and Adam and Lisa will be here early in the evening for a visit before they go to Sam's.


The other side of the disappearing plane which is so sad. I pray they find them but suspect that it will not be successful.

Great, great hat. It belongs to Pam.

Beautiful sampler in pink and green . I love these colour combinations green and pink.

Rail Fence,  an easy quilt to make for any beginner.

That is it for tonight.
Have a lovely evening.

Good night.

And good bye to St. Patrick's Day. Love this wonderful green.




























No comments: