a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, March 3, 2014

lost blog

It appears that I have lost my blog for tonight and it was  almost finished.   It is a job to do this and find all the pictures so I have to get at it once again.




Wow this is a complicated block. Bravo to those who would tackle it.  Be sure and show it if you sew this one. I will not be doing it LOL.  Simple blocks are the way for me to go.

These little ladies are dressed up as their grandmas all dressed in their housecoats, slippers, walkers, red glasses, curlers  and night clothes. How adorable.

And this is how I spent the afternoon.

I completed the set by finishing HERS. This time I used a peach towel instead of white but I am not sure if it was the way to go. Maybe a white one would have been better. However when I buy these towels I get a few sets so am not always right on the money.I did use the plastic clear stabilizer on both towels but HERS is not quite as  good as HIS. One thing though I think the pile was too high on these towels. I'll be sure and look for a lower loft next time.

Oh well they won't be leaving this home.

Isn't this a beauty. I have one that a friend brought me back from Italy. I had one with a pink background that I bought in Italy myself but it went through the washer and broke in half. I almost went back to Italy LOL.


What a cute kitty quilt. No pattern so it is just for looking. It is in an Attic Windows setting. Perfect for resting cats.

So for today I stayed in and sewed as I already said but Ray went out for a while to buy some bread. This no elevator thing is a pain but after it is fixed it should be a long time before we have any more trouble with it.
I called Pat today and we talked about going to Tuesday sewing. It will be the end of March before we are both free to go . So I will sew and embroider at home. I have several things to do. One is to shape up my butterfly blocks so that they are all the same size and the same thing with my hearts.

Sweet isn't she sewing her quilt with her cat, the quilter's familiar, sitting on the arm of her chair and the snow outside piling up on the window ledge.

And that is all for tonight.
Have a great evening.

Good night.















1 comment:

Francine said...

A stirring outlook sweeps the sentimental patient.