a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

bits

Thanks Jean for the advice of putting a tea bag on my eyes. Will do that soon after the blog is done.

Eyes are still not well and not seeing very well. I can't see the screen of the laptop or at least the print parts.
So I watch my keyboard to get the letters right. Hopefully.

Tuesday my group sewing day. As usual it was good. After Pat and I had our coffee well she had coffee, I didn't want another one so I had a root beer float. It was delicious. And ithad been decades since I had one so it was a treat.

We went to the church. There is so much construction around the church and the parking is difficult, the driving in the area is difficult too cars on both sides of very narrow streets. They are building a huge mansion with a large lane hose behind the church and another smaller home beside it. We are trying to figure out how many families will live in this house or if just one will be there. It looks as if it is not being built on spec. There are copper fittings around the doors, it is a great house. Fun to watch it grow.

I forgot to take pictures today. Nancy has finishe her Ellis Sienkiewich  applque piece. She took a course from Ellie about three years ago, reverse applique. It took a long time but it is beautiful. This one is similar to Nancy's.

She also had a lovely ABC quilt for a young friend in Scotland. But  I did not take a picture. Next week.

Lots of us are doing hearts , some for the hospital and some for themselves. I am almost done with my hearts.  I need the sashing and border fabrics.

After we had lunch it was almost time to go home. I was so tired and had a small nap. Then Rick called so we had a short chat. He was picking up Kate's things in his truck. I know he did not pick things up himself but certainly helped he get thing to her place of abode.

I made dinner, hamburger stew which Ray and I both really like. We had it over bread. I like it on potatoes but Ray is not allowed potatoes so we had it on bread. Still very good that way.

Isn't this a beautiful Triple Irish Chain.

I call this one Hanging Stars.

 Time to go folks,
                              Have a great evening.
              Good night.



                         
                               
                               

No comments: