a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

old friend, new baby



Mary had a baby boy early this morning. He was 9 pounds 10 ounces, a big healthy boy. Quinn is his name Quinn Raymond Alric  . Alric being the combination of Al and Rick his two grandfathers,
 clever isn't it. And a new name is formed.
Mother and son. Mary  and Quinn. Mary looks like a Madonna. Beautiful Mary.

  Quinn at least I think that is what they are calling him, welcome to the world little guy.
And my great grandson. So adorable.




Block 12 of the Ben Franklin quilt project.

My old friend Heather called me today , it was great talking to her for a while. We have been friends since the 1960s and though we don't see each other very often the refrain of friendship sings through our talks. It is lovely. Thank you Heather for the call. We have had a long history.

Ray has gone out to cash my cheque and bring me the money. I am saving up for our trip to Quebec and the money is going to be my spending money.  He has other tasks to do while he is out but they are the minor jobs of  a household.  I say minor because I don't have to do them LOL.

Bob is doing well in his recovery from open heart surgery and moving around a little. I hope his recovery will be swift and he can get on with his life.

Rick and I lost an ALS friend last night. Rick saw him as a mentor and inspiration as well as a friend and I saw him as a friend. I will miss him and I know Rick will too.

I did not even have a nap so far today so things are looking up. Tomorrow will be even better I know. Ray has been so good looking after me when I am sick that I am sure that is the reason . I ended up having a nap after all. Then I talked to Lynn my stepdaughter who lives in Quebec. She is telling me the grandchildren are speaking good English which they take in school. I am glad of that as we do not speak French. We are going there in July.

My great grandson Adam who lives in Louisiana graduated from grade 5. Congratulations Adam.
Adam all dressed up for his graduation. Handsome boy.
And another handsome boy just starting out.
Quinn
He is so beautiful. Two boys today one starting out in life and the other graduating from his first lap of school. Lucky me!!

I love this old dog with the white muzzle. He is a survivor of 911 and a rescuer as well. Beautiful creature.

Funny ideas cats get.

More crazy cats to make. This  is a good idea , make four cat pads.

Good dog but right now your head may be too heavy for her.

Big Adam, little Adam's grandfather playing his bagpipes. Big Adam is my eldest son.

this bag was made and sold by my friend Jamie. Looks really good.
And that is it for the night folks. 

I am tired and going to rest.
Have a great evening.
Good night.


















No comments: