a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Monday, May 19, 2014

coed rooms

Coed rooms in hospitals? Yes we have them and have had them for years. There are screens between the beds if needed for privacy. I have been in hospital many times in the past few years and have not found this to be a difficulty. If your bed is private and screened off from the next bed what is the difference. I guess it depends on how sick you are. Most people are pretty sick in hospital.

Today is a statutory holiday celebrating the Queen's birthday. It was  originally created to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday. 
24th of May,
Queen's birthday.
If we don't get a holiday
We'll all run away.

An old ditty we all used to sing even though we did get the holiday. Of course once you give the citizenry a holiday it is pretty hard to take it back.  So we now celebrate Queen Elizabeth's birthday on this weekend even though her birthday is in April. 
Ray and I went to the mall and ti was so crowded and busy we could scarcely get around. The elevator was jam packed with baby strollers and me of course with a walker. Baby strollers today are huge and take up a lot of room. 

We went to Chapters because I wanted to buy Natchez Burning by Greg Iles. I am so proud of my Ray as he found it first, and he bought it too.  It is a huge book well over 700 pages.
As you can see it was 40% off the list price and when Ray went to pay for it they took another $5 off that price. Good deal eh?

We had a cinnamon bun , well half one each and a coffee. 

Then we went to the Children's store and bought up something for the baby that is  coming this month. I am excited to see him.

As it was so hugely crowded we left the mall and came home. 
We are going out to TOPs for dinner. 

I see lots of pictures of quilts but very few patterns for them. I like this one but it is just for ideas that I put these on the blog.


This is so cute , what a nice little gift. Too bad I am allergic to cat fur and dander. I love their little faces though. This little guy is adorable.

This is a special sewing machine that Singer put out.  I looked it up and found if to be around circa 1950s. 

185K the green machine.

There that's it for tonight.

Have a great evening folks.

Good night.

Sleep tight LOL.





No comments: