a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, May 16, 2014

we visited the hospital

We visited the hospital today. Our friend Bob is in there waiting to have an angioplasty on Tuesday. He has to wait out the long weekend holiday. He was wearing a heart monitor today. Bob will go to another hospital for the procedure and then back again to Burnaby to recuperate.  This is the same procedure that I had in November. Buzz was there, she is such a faithful wife and stays there all day. Good luck to Bob.

I am still taking the antibiotics and sleeping a lot. It seems I sleep a lot anyway . There is no need for all this sleep but it happens anyway. It must be old age. I have said this before though.

After the hospital Ray and I went up to  Metrotown for a coffee. I had a root beer instead and Ray had nothing. but he did go for bread. The bakery there has wonderful bread. In the hospital we had coffee and shared a doughnut. Buzz laughed at us just having half a doughnut each but that is all we want. She said she and Bob would buy 6 and eat 3 each. Our appetites are just not big. Not that we lose any weight.

After the mall we just came home and I had that sleep. I dream a lot too but of course cannot remember any of them. That is a shame they are good stories LOL.


Lovely boy waiting for adoption. He is a well cared for dog from the looks of him. There seem to be many dogs up for adoption lately. Where he lives I don't know but sure hope he gets a forever home.

What a lovely hoosier. I wonder where that name came from.

Origin of the word Hoosier - Indiana University  


Look at this site there is a lot of meanings to the word . Mostly it came from Indiana. 
This is an unusual piece of furniture where you can use the countertop for making bread and other things as well as storing your dishes and cutlery. It is a very useful thing and a nice piece of furniture.

I have seen this iron many decades ago. Useful on the farm where there was no electricity  and where people often had to use flat irons that sat on the stove to get hot enough for ironing. This was an advancement on that piece of equipment.

What a lovely
quilt. I saw a beautiful quilt once in Pennsylvania that had little stars at the junction of the blocks. I fell in love with it but never made one myself. I put stars on my ballerina quilt though.

I love this one and hope that Charlotte loves it too.

Rick in days when he was healthy relaxing on the couch.

I love this little guy and thought to share him with you.

The theme is sharing......

That's all folks.
Have a great evening.

Good night.











No comments: