a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Sunday, May 4, 2014

wowee

this eye candy quilt was made by Kathy York. 
She describes her process here:
http://aquamoonartquilts.blogspot.com/2006/03/little-cities97-x-97-i-started-this.html
'Little Cities' won first place in Large Abstract Art 2006 Houston IQA.


It would be waaaay too much for me to make but I sure appreciate the work that went into this quilt. Let's face it I'm not making much of anything these days except for the block required to attend Tom's Cake Therapy. It is like a ticket to get in LOL.

I have had a super frustrating day with my printer. It is just not working and I don't know why. I spent hours today trying to get it to print the list of medications that Ray and I need to give to the doctors we  visit. As you probably know we visit doctors a lot LOL.

And that was my super frustrating afternoon. I hate computers and the nonsense they get into. Well I hate the nonsense, the computers
are necessary.

I was looking through a picture album. It was one in which I visited Delaware when Adam was the port director of Wilmington. Some of the photos had Vice President Joe Byden in them along with Madeline Albright who was the Secretary of State at that time. Adam was showing them around the facility. It was a wonderful trip. We went to D.C. for a visit . It was a most wonderful  opportunity to see what makes the world go round. Power. The most memorable thing i saw was the Viet Nam monument. It is so powerful. People would come and put their finger on a name and cry while they were touching the name. I was overwhelmingly moved by that monument. It was a fabulous trip into a different world.

Desert boots- I had a pair of them in the 1950s , mine were green. These wonderful orange boots are Pam Holland's. She is a shoe woman for sure. 

./farmers-wife-quilt-revival-class-4.htm.


Farmer's Wife Revival , click around to find interesting blocks.


Ah a wrinkly dog, we don't see these dogs too often. Sharpei is the correct name. Once Marg and I saw one pup in a pet store and Marg named him Winston. Appropriate isn't it.

This one is for Ray as he loves Clydesdales and this baby is adorable. He said when he worked with them they loved to chew tobacco. Funny ....


True.

Poppy and Lily chihuahua room mates. One is a long hair chihuahua and the other a short hair.

That's all for tonight folks.

Have a great evening.
Good night.
























No comments: