a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Saturday

Saturday is the day we grocery shop and forget about all the things I wanted to remember. Waa- what a pain in the neck as my dad used to say. Oh well it probably wasn't important anyway as my mom used to say. There you have it , both my parents had the answers to life's problems. 
I took this picture today , the tree is beautiful and this is its natural state.


We came home from the store because Tim's was so crowded they were outside the door on the sidewalk and we are not patient enough to stand and wait to get in. Not even for a coffee. 

We decided to go to Coquitlam to Lazy Boy and look at recliners. Ray has decided that we need two new ones. Personally I can't see it but he rules the roost. We got money back from our income tax  and if you have free money , that is not really free of course , you must spend it. We found two chairs at a good price and that we liked
but not the colour we wanted so we have to wait 6 weeks for them to come. Yes  we did buy them.  They are nice and they are comfortable too.  
Caroline our daughter in law works in that store but she doesn't work there on Saturday. We missed her this time.

Then we stopped for coffee at the Tim Horton's  just down from  Lazy Boy. I had a crispy chicken sandwich. It was good.

After that we stopped for ice cream to take home on the way home. 
It has been warm lately and we enjoy a small dish if ice cream. Ray picked up some lovely raspberry flavoured ice cream. 

It has been a foodie day LOL.

As usual I had a nice nap after reading for a while. I seem to be tired a lot these days.

I am happy that Richard bought an air conditioner as it gets quite hot in Calgary in the summer. He needs that relief an AC can give him. We have a portable one in our apartment which can also get really hot. It helps so much in making us comfortable in the summer.



This quilt is made of Ghastlies as the quilter said and quilted with fluorescent thread.  Closer up it should be interesting.

I hope you don't run into this licence plate any time soon.LOL.

Short blog today. I have little to say tonight. 
I hope you all have a great evening.

Good night.











No comments: