a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Another lovely day

Oh how lovely it has been, the days are glorious and the evenings balmy. It is a blessing to live here, but then I have lived here most of my life and have always loved it. I did live in Halifax for two years. I was born in The Pas Manitoba and lived there until I was 6 years old and my family moved here to Vancouver. My mom and dad had come here from The Pas for a holiday. They loved it so much they decided to move here right away. But then my mom discovered she was expecting my sister Margaret and so they delayed the move until Marg was 6 months old.   Mom loved Vancouver and so did my dad. It reminded them of Britain  where they came. I am happy they did make that move . I have loved living here too. This is a beautiful city on the edge of the ocean , overtowering mountains in the distance, very moderate weather. Today is a great example of the beauty of this coastal city. The day was warm, the sun was shining, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, no rain in sight and the air caressed the skin. It was wonderful, a perfect day. 
Apparently the weather which has been like this all week is expected to change soon. But then if it rains that is fine with me too as I love the rain.

I am sitting in my chair watching the NEWS as I write. I love the gentle evenings too, our windows are open, we have not yet turned on the lights so it is just the natural light of the day coming in despite it being 6:45. It is a lovely time of the day.

Ray and I went to TOPS for dinner tonight. He had liver and onions which he loves. Mom used to cook that because Dad loved it. I hated it then and hate it now. I had curried chicken and rice , I love curry so that was a great choice for me.

That is it for tonight folks. I have thought that a blog should be short but this one is long enough. So good evening, have a great one.



No comments: