a favourite shade of blue

a favourite shade of blue

Friday, February 3, 2012

beautiful day

http://www.crazyladyquiltdesigns.com/boms/
Four Block Wonder is the name of the pattern. It looks intricate but the blocks look easy.

Embroiderthis.com   has some very nice free Valentine designs for the embroiderers out there.

What a busy day , Matthew came over this morning for a visit and after he and the nurse left we went to the doctor for a prescription for the walker.
When we were finished with the doctor we had lunch at Wendy's and I had the chocolate Frostee, oh how I love that piece of decadence. Sam used to bring me those when I was in the hospital.

We went to the Medical Supply store and bought the walker we looked at yesterday. It has some very nice features, a basket for carrying things, and it can be pulled up in the middle to make the chair narrower to go through smaller places. The brake wires are enclosed so they don't hit doorways and get bent. It's good.
Matthew said he would take the chair and walker back to the Red Cross for us. That was so nice of him.

This little bird house
has always pleased me. It is in front of one of the units in our complex. I wonder if it has any little inhabitants in the summer. I think it is such a neat idea to put it on top of the post.
A bit lop-sided but it was a gorgeous day today, the sun was shining, the air was fresh and clean and the sky was cloudless ,the temperature   just right. I love these February days.

I am re reading The Help again. When it first came out in hard cover I  took it out of the library and read it then, that was a long time ago but on second reading I am still enjoying it immensely.

This is just so cute !!
And now I am leaving you again so enjoy what is left of your evening.
Good night.






No comments: